levierra
1 Copper

2405FPW - Card Reader "Hangs" Windows

Anyone have an issue with the card reader (SD and CF) on the 2405FPW being unable to read cards? Whenever I insert either an SD or CF card (and I've tried multiple cards), XP hangs. I usually get a "device i/o error" eventually. I've tried HP (my desktop maker's) support and searching the internet and the forums without success. BTW the USB ports (on the monitor) work fine. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks
0 Kudos
7 Replies

Re: 2405FPW - Card Reader "Hangs" Windows

levierra,

Try power resetting the monitor.

* Power off the monitor
* Disconnect all cabling from the bottom of the monitor (including the power cord)
NOTE - Disconnecting the power cord releases all the circuit latches resetting them
* Reconnect only the PC DVI cable and the power cord
* Power the monitor on
* It should auto sense the DVI. If it does not, press the Input Select button and change to #2 DVI
* Check the card reader

0 Kudos
levierra
1 Copper

Thank you for the suggestion, however this did not have any effect. I still recieve an "The action cannot be performed because of an I/O Device error."
0 Kudos

levierra,

The monitor USB Uplink cable should be connected to a USB port on the rear of the PC, not the front.

* Open the Device Manager (Press the Windows key and the Pause-Break key)
* Click the Hardware tab
* Click the Device Manager button
* Click the plus by Universal Serial Bus Controllers
* Disconnect the monitor USB uplink cable from the back of the monitor
* The listings for two Generic USB Hubs and one USB Mass Storage Device should disappear
* Reconnect the monitor USB uplink cable to the back of the monitor. Those three should reappear

Does this happen for you?

Message Edited by DELL-ChrisM on 07-03-2007 07:36 PM

0 Kudos
levierra
1 Copper

Yes - It is plugged into a back USB port - I've tried every port on the unit. When I unplug, the two generic devices and USB Mass Storage device disappear, leaving one Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller, two Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controllers and three USB Root Hubs.
0 Kudos
levierra
1 Copper

Sorry- and all reappear when plugged back in.
0 Kudos

levierra,

I am out of ideas. If it is under warranty, get it replaced.

If you have a service tag number associated with your monitor, you may use Chat or Email support to setup the monitor exchange.
If you only have an Order number associated with the monitor, you must call in,
1-800-624-9896. They will need the following information -
Monitor 20 digit PPID number
Name, address, phone, email address
Order number
Issue
Troubleshooting done

0 Kudos
levierra
1 Copper

Thanks for your help