Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 29th, 2017 03:00

2407WFP, 75-100Hz Refresh Rate, Nvidia

I have read online that people have been able to get this precise monitor (2407WFP) to achieve resolutions of 1920x1200 at 75 to even 100Hz, in fact it was right on this forum. I have not been able to achieve what this user has stated is capable of the screen, does anyone know what I might be doing wrong?

I have the monitor running via HDMI to DVI Dual Link, I have also tried straight DVI to DVI single link, I don't have a straight dual link cable but I don't think that makes much of a difference

I get offered 59 and 60 in the refresh rate options for the screen settings in windows the check box is greyed out and I am not able to show "hide modes that this monitor cannot display"

I have downloaded the latest drivers and experimented with manually installing them via device manager, I have experimented with different cables and also with Nvidia panel overclock but even if I lower the resolution I am not able to get this particular display to go beyond 60hz, even though other people have been able to, I'd atleast like to be able to get 75hz and it is technically spec'd to do that as stated by various reviews and spec places

I also have 3 1908FP monitors via differing inputs which happily run off this same system in Nvidia surround all at their native resolutions at 75hz

I thought it may be something to do with the firmware as there are three versions but apparently they set that up at the factory and there isn't anything I can do about it now.

What else can I try?

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

November 29th, 2017 06:00

HDMI from any source is typically locked at 60Hz. Technically, we only supported this 11 year old monitor to do 1920x1200 at 60Hz.

What those users did was forced by their video card driver to show the non-supported monitor. You might try experimenting with different Nvidia drivers to see if any give you the ability.

No Events found!