Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 27th, 2007 02:00

2407WFP and SD cards

I must say I was really annoyed to find that the 2407WFP SD card reader doesn't work with my 2GB SD card.  I just asusmed because it works in my laptop, this would work.  If I had of known at purchase time I would have ordered the card reader in the drive bay option for few extra dollars it was with the new system.  This really is annoying. Dell should warn people up front when they purchase the unit.  This limitation should be clearly indicated on the product page.

A friend suggested to me it might actually be software driver related, not hardware.  Is this true, and if so will Dell release updated drivers ?

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

April 27th, 2007 11:00

like_a_wombat,

What specific 2GB SD card? We do list the Card Reader Specifications on the customer accessible site.

Smart Media Card (SMC)

Memory Stick Card (MS) / High Speed Memory Stick (HSMS) / Memory Stick Pro Card (MS PRO) / Memory Stick Duo (with Adapter)

Secure Digital Card (SD)/ Mini Secure Digital (with Adapter)/ TransFlash Card (with Adapter)

MultiMedia Card (MMC) / Reduced Size MultiMedia Card (with Adapter)

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

I will ask Product Group.

Hey Chris,

The card is a Corsair SD 2GB card.  It works fine in the camera and in the slot in my laptop.  The 2407 does read other SD card I have here, but they are just 64 MB cards.

Thaks for the link to the specs, but it jsut tells me SD cards, no limitations.  After readign these forums it's apparent that model does indeed have limitations at present.  Have any of the support guys tested it with any SD cards greater than 1GB ?

Thanks.

8 Posts

April 27th, 2007 15:00

Just FYI, I have a Kingston 2GB SD card...works fine with my 2407, so maybe it's the brand and not the size. Strange though, shouldn't matter what brand it is....

April 27th, 2007 23:00

how strange.  My card is this one , @2GB

Secure Digital 133x

This high-speed version of our SD card designed for the pro-sumer and digital photography enthusiast.

FEATURES

• Read speed of 21MB/s
  • Write speed of 15.5 MB/s
  • Lifetime warranty

133X Speed  CAPACITY 2GB  PART NUMBER  CMFSD133-2GB

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

April 30th, 2007 11:00

like_a_wombat,

The SanDisk 2GB SD card was tested successfully in our lab. At the time, there were not any Corsair SD cards.

Thanks Chris. Can we expect a driver update ?

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

like_a_wombat,

I doubt that will rev a monitor just for Corsair.

1 Message

May 3rd, 2007 15:00

I am also having problems with the SD Card reader. I have a SanDisk microSD/Transflash Adapter (with a 1gb Transflash inserted into the back)which fits pefectly into the SD/mini MMC/RS slot on my PC. However once inserted the computer doesn't automatically load or install like the manual says nore does it do anything to acknowledge I have actually put it in. As said above there are other people with simualr problems, do you have a fix yet?

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

May 3rd, 2007 16:00

No. It will take some time to test all of this.
No Events found!