Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 12th, 2008 11:00

2407WFP refurbished or not still available?

My 2407WFP is destroyed... :'( I moved from MA to TX and my monitor now has a 2 inch hole in it. It was packed in it's original box with all the foam and protective elements but somehow my desk lamp decided to wedge it's aluminium rod through it's own box, through the monitor's box and finally through the screen (yes, it hurt then I realized that). It's so incredible that it happened that my sadness was eclipsed by simple incredulity. How that happened, I will never know although I'm sure the 1900 mile trip to TX left little chance that all my stuff would get there in mint condition. Something had to give, apparently. Obviously I need a replacement, I have no idea if the monitor could be fixed but I so imagine that would probably cost as much if not more than a new one. Getting a new one is a problem, despite it's attractive price right now, the 2408WFP is NOT an option. The reports of input lag are enough to put me off of it, I am not a competitive player but I do play FPS online and I will not tolerate input lag on any monitor, ever. Even the A01 revision only slightly improved input lag but it is still way worse than it was on the 2407WFP I owned (rev. A03). My question comes down to this, is there anyway to get a 2407WFP rev. A03 or later from Dell? Refurbished or not, doesn't matter to me, I just need a monitor and I was very happy with the one I had. The 2408 would have been my choice if it weren't for the multiple problems that seem to plague it, input lag being the biggest issue for me. I did read conflicting reports that using the HDMI adapter on the 2408 would help input lag, some people affirm it does, others deny it. The more I read about it on forums and the less I know. For those of you wondering, I have looked on Ebay and Amazon, choices are limited and it's not easy to determine the revision number of the monitors sold there. Help! How can I get a proper replacement?
No Responses!
No Events found!