Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

T

November 16th, 2008 23:00

2408 VGA Connection Problems - Pixel Movement in Lght Shaded Colors

I recently purchased a Dell Ultra Sharp 2408WFP Monitor and love the auto features on it. Basically, it really is a true "plug and play" device because it worked immediately and perfectly out of the box without having to make manual adjustments.

But I am experiencing an usual problem which was not noticeable at first. You see, the lightly shaded background colors tend to have some kind of pixel movement. The effect is more like looking at running water through a translucent object or observing a jet trail of some sort; it is very fast movement. However, it is very faint AND is only detectable in higher resolution modes.

I did some experimentation by purchasing a new VGA cable as well as comparing its performance on 2 different computers (laptops). Both of them exhibit pixel movement in those lightly shaded colors but one is considerably better and more tolerable on the eye.

At this point, I am wondering if the VGA port on the monitor might be faulty. Does anybody have any ideas on this or where to direct me in terms of finding answers in the Dell forum?

Thanks.

P.S. I am thinking about taking this monitor to Best Buy or some other computer technician and have them test it out. I am hesitant to return it to Dell because if they replace it, I do NOT want a refurbished model.

No Responses!
No Events found!