Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 10th, 2009 00:00

2408 WFP, registering, etc.

I recently purchased a 2408WFP from Dell. I am wondering if I need to register it, and if so, where do I do that? This is my first LCD monitor. Is it supposed to make these soft clicking, crackling noises occasionally? Sound like maybe they are coming from where the plugs go into the monitor.

4.6K Posts

April 10th, 2009 02:00

Welcome to the forums :emotion-21:

Regarding the registration:  Since you bought it directly from Dell, you don't need to register it separately.

They already have all the details they need, should you have to contact them about a problem with it.

Re the clicking/crackling noises:  Neither of my Dell 2407WFP's make any such noises?

Have you double-checked the cable connection into the monitor, to make sure it's fully seated?

And have you *** it in properly - rather than just pushing it on?

Do you have another monitor cable you can try?

The swear filter on these forums is stupid at times!

The asterixed word is being seen completely out of context, but I'm sure you can guess what it is :emotion-43:

April 10th, 2009 21:00

Thanks for your reply. I am pretty sure the plugs are all seated good. I'm using the DVI cable and have tried it in both DVI connections, and the noises continue. I currently don't have another DVI cable to try. Will see about that. Also thinking about trying to find a HDMI cable to see if that makes any difference. The monitor seems to work fine. Just find the noises a little disconcerting, as you are not the only one who has told me that their Dell monitor did not make noises. The noises are very random. Don't seem to occur at any specific times, and though I hear them daily, somethimes they are seconds apart and sometimes they are hours apart.:emotion-42:

No Events found!