Highlighted
Gary Coyle
2 Iron

Re: 2408WFP A00/A01 owners - First test you should do it (IMHO).

it stands out a mile

Dell support guys on here posted a list of fixes that REVA01 will fix and there was no mention of the left side brightness issue, Dell arent even recognising the problem exists.

Highlighted
NicoloPicolo
1 Copper

ok,

I tested it in the dark = No bright left side Smiley Happy

By the way revision A01 should be out mid-july...

Highlighted
KoBo
2 Iron

@NicoloPicolo wrote:

ok,

I tested it in the dark = No bright left side Smiley Happy

Hmn, then you might be the lucky owner of the only non-defect 2408WFP monitor. But if that's true, there is hope still that Dell might be able to actually deliver 2408WFP monitors without this defect.
Where was yours manufactured? It should say on the sticker on the back of the monitor.
We still need word from Dell concerning this issue. 
Message Edited by KoBo on 05-29-2008 09:12 AM
Highlighted
nmayooran
2 Iron

I ordered mine May 21, 2008 and today DELL offered with $100 off ( + EPP 5% off ) so i canceled my order and re ordered with new price. The Rep said, he verified with the technical department and they will ship me A01. I don't know if its true or not. He works under EPP department. He said my delivery date will be June 20 - 25th
Message Edited by nmayooran on 05-29-2008 11:17 AM
Highlighted
brett25
1 Copper

Just Recieved my 2408 yesterday. Dell shipped it to me overnight for free! Basically I recieved this monitor 3 days after placing my order. Way to go Dell!

Did your test, thanks. I did notice a little bit of brightening in the last image to the left. Nothing that noticible and definitely not a bother for me. After doing some gamma calibration and color, bightness contrast adjustment, what little brighteneing there was is now gone and the entitre image is uniform in brightness. The contrast is insane. Blackest blacks are very dark. its very nice.

I love this monitor, its exactly what I was looking for.

mpdesigner
2 Bronze

Is yours a A00 or A01?
Highlighted
brett25
1 Copper

A00
Highlighted
simi_id
1 Copper

Hi,

That's not a new problem. Previously I had 2407WFP rev. A04 and I've noticed that difference of brightness from left to right and I get used with it.

I think it's how lamps are placed or regarding PVA technology since the cells are not moving 90 degress like a TN panel.

Highlighted
Giolon
2 Bronze

Did your test on my A00 2408WFP, no difference between any of the images.  My monitor has even backlighting and color (which is not to be confused with typical MVA/PVA color shift).

Message Edited by Giolon on 06-11-2008 03:47 PM
Highlighted
loenpia
1 Copper

@brett25 wrote:

Just Recieved my 2408 yesterday. Dell shipped it to me overnight for free! Basically I recieved this monitor 3 days after placing my order. Way to go Dell!

Did your test, thanks. I did notice a little bit of brightening in the last image to the left. Nothing that noticible and definitely not a bother for me. After doing some gamma calibration and color, bightness contrast adjustment, what little brighteneing there was is now gone and the entitre image is uniform in brightness. The contrast is insane. Blackest blacks are very dark. its very nice.

I love this monitor, its exactly what I was looking for.

I am too in the market for a 24" monitor since my trusty old CRT had just died on me. However, after reading a lot of bad thing about the 2408, I kind of put off from purchasing this monitor. One bright side, Brett25 seems to be able to make adjustment that will make this monitor looks superb. 

For Brett25, can you share with us what is the value of all the adjustment you made to make this monitor looks good and what software or hardware you used to make all those adjustment you described in your post above?

thanks