Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 21st, 2009 17:00

2408WFP A01 POWER SAVE AND BLINKING ISSUES, STILL!!

Has this issue been solved yet? I really want to throw this beautiful monitor out the window. I'm sorry, I'm frustrated. This monitor only recognizes the signal if I turn it on before I power up my PC. I typically turn my mointor off and keep my PC on if I go out. Im not a  big fan of screen savers..Anyway its not even that. The power save function on this monitor is horrid. It goes off randomly, blinks in and out when Im working in Photoshop or even a game. IT WONT WAKE UP TO KEYSTROKES OR MOUSE MOVEMENT like its supposed to. Whats the deal?

I want to turn power save off, its useless.

10 Posts

October 1st, 2009 08:00

I just order one Latitude E4300, Windows XP Pro, Mobile Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD and two 2408WFP.  One monitor has this issue and the other don't.  I think this should be a monitor hardware issue.  Change DVI cable will not solve the problem.  Just get the replacement and will post result when I have it tested out.

I did my testing on four 2408WFP monitor with 2 laptop ( DELL latitude E4300 and E5500, both has Mobile Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD).  The laptop is connect thought a DELL E-port docking ststion.  Out of those four monitors, only one has this problem. 

Get it exchanged, before it is too late!

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

October 1st, 2009 15:00

All,

I can extract alot of data from your post. What I need are the following sent to me in a Private Conversation to put in unified excel document which I will send to Displays engineering:
Dell PC Service Tag number or Retail PC
Monitor Order number
Video card
Video card driver version (Dell or Retail)
Dell or Retail video card
Operating system
How many monitor exchanges have you already received and what were those dispatch numbers?

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

October 1st, 2009 15:00

I can extract alot of data from your post. What I need are the following sent to me in a Private Conversation to put in unified excel document which I will send to Displays engineering:
Monitor Order number
Video card
Operating system
How many monitor exchanges have you already received and what were those dispatch numbers?

October 5th, 2009 22:00

I purchased a 2408 WFP in June of 2009; it is an A02.  I am using a DVI connection.  I like the monitor very much except for one minor problem similar but not exactly like those discussed in this forum.  My monitor blinks 5 times when coming out of power save.  It does not blink at any other time.  I temporarily replaced it with a Dell S2309W using the same cables and connection  and the problem is not present.  So I am pretty sure the 2408 is the culprit.  This is a fairly minor irritation, but I think such an expensive monitor should be prefect. 

What do you suggest?

Bob

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

October 6th, 2009 06:00

What video card?

4 Posts

October 6th, 2009 17:00

My 2408 WFP only flickered three or fours times in the beginning, like yours.  I have uploaded the latest ATI driver for my ancient graphic card Radeon ATI X1650 256MB and installed the latest ATI Tray tools as Chris suggested. It has not made any difference that I could observe. My Dell 2001FP monitor did (and does) not blink with the same graphic card and PC. Other emails in this forum seemed to suggest that it could get worse as time went on.  So I decided to go in for an exchange, within the 21 days exchange grace period.  No guarantee that it will work.  Will report after I test the replacement.

October 6th, 2009 19:00

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

Chris,

Thanks for your prompt reply.  I use 512MB ATI Radeon HD 4850.  Please don't forget that this worked properly with the S2309W monitor.

Thanks again.

1 Message

October 10th, 2009 11:00

I have a 2408wfp. I plugged in my Macbook Pro that uses a ATI RadeonX1600 graphics card.

DVI 1 goes into instant power save mode no matter what combination of power up/ screen resolution/ reboot machine combo's you do

DVI 2 works as expected.

What do you suggest?

D

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

October 10th, 2009 20:00

Test DVI1 on another PC. If still no go, get it replaced.

If you only have a monitor order number, you should contact Customer Service.
If your monitor was purchased tied to a Dell PC, contact Technical Support.
They will need the following -
Name:
Email Address:
Shipping address:
Phone number:
Monitor Order number or PC Service Tag number if purchased with a PC:
Monitor 20 digit PPID number found on the back on a label or on the slider card on the left rear:
Operating system:
Video card:
Video card ports tested:
Reason:

4 Posts

October 25th, 2009 14:00

Update on the exchange:

I got a new monitor for an exchange.  It worked well for more than two weeks.  Then all of a sudden this afternoon it started blinking continuously with the DVI icon staying on screen when I started Windows.  Fortunately it stopped after I toggled the on-off power button.  Will keep my fingers crossed.  It is almost scary.

8 Posts

November 14th, 2009 11:00

Good afternoon Chris,

I have two 2408WFP monitors and am looking for a third.  The two I have are Revision A01 according to the tags on the back.  The CD's that came with them say A02 on the label, but when you open the file, the first page says Rev. A01 at the bottom.  My questions are:

1.  How can I tell for sure what Revision I have?

2.  Can the A01 Firmware be upgraded to A02?

3.  They were purchased on 10-03-08 with a Precision T3400 (Warranty expiration 10-6-2012), so can they be exchanged for A02 models?

I will PM you with all of the necessary info if need be.

Thanks,

Patrick

December 3rd, 2009 17:00

All,

Monitor Order number
Video card
Operating system

Chris, I know it's only been a couple of months, but has there been any word from Displays engineering (I'm guessing many of us submitted replies with the requested information) on the continued issues revolving around the issue reported by numerous people?

Thanks!

-Jeremiah

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

December 4th, 2009 05:00

Not on this issue. I take it you verified these were all enabled?

* The monitor USB cable must be plugged into a USB port on the rear of the PC
* Open the Device Manager (Press the Windows key and the Pause-Break key, Click the Hardware tab and the Device Manager button)
* Open Human Interface Devices
* Right click each one, click Properties, click Power Management
* Insert a check to "Allow this device to bring the computer out of standby"
* Click OK
* Open Keyboards
* Click OK
* Open Mice and other pointing devices
* Click OK

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

December 4th, 2009 12:00

I wrote that on a desktop with XP. I do not believe a laptop would show keyboard.

10 Posts

December 4th, 2009 12:00

I did not see Power Management in my properties.  I lap OS is windows XP.  IS this only apply to Windows VISTA?

* Open Keyboards
* Click OK

No Events found!