Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 25th, 2008 08:00

2408WFP Brighter on Left Side

I just got a 2408WFP today and noticed it is brighter on the left side.  Any other 2408WFP users/owners notice this?  I don't notice it on white backgrounds but on dark or red backgrounds you can see it is lighter in color on the left side than the right side.  Is this an uneven backlight?  It is especially noticable on the bottom left side area of the screen.  Don't know if anything can be done about it or if all 2408WFPs have this common characteristic?

133 Posts

March 25th, 2008 11:00

yeah i'm experiencing this issue as well.

notice that when u look at the screen from the right the screen seems brighter than from the left. so when yr head is at the center of the screen due to the size of the monitor, you are looking at the left edge of the screen from the right. thats why u see the left side brighter.

3 Posts

March 25th, 2008 12:00

Hi.

To lose your sleep over this thing, you should put the contrast very low and take a picture with long exposure of a full screen white. That´s really something.

37 Posts

March 25th, 2008 19:00

Hi,

I turned down contrast and can see that lowerleft corner is brighter than the rest.  Ughs.

Everything else is perfect but if I exchange it I fear getting one that is worse.  Decisions, decisions...

133 Posts

March 26th, 2008 03:00

to some this is a serious issue. to others its not.

decide for yourself whether it bothers u or not, and maybe go to a shop that sells these monitors and see if there's any difference.

just my 2cents 

37 Posts

March 26th, 2008 06:00

Does your monitor do the same?

I also noticed another problem.  When using VGA connection the letters have a shadow and there is a line going down the left side of the screen. 

Do you know what the exchange policy is, will I have to pay for return shipping and will i get a new one instead of a refurbished?  Their policy wording is a bit confusing.

May give them a call...still deciding how much this bothers me. 

133 Posts

March 26th, 2008 06:00

@mpdesigner wrote:

Does your monitor do the same?

I also noticed another problem.  When using VGA connection the letters have a shadow and there is a line going down the left side of the screen. 

Do you know what the exchange policy is, will I have to pay for return shipping and will i get a new one instead of a refurbished?  Their policy wording is a bit confusing.

May give them a call...still deciding how much this bothers me. 

yes my monitor has this left side brighter. i'm not bothered by it though, i'm more concerned with the power save problem. search the forums for my nick and u will find it.

for the shadow, try playing arnd with the sharpness setting and see if it makes a difference. what line are u talking abt? got a pic? 

u can call and check with your local dell office for the policy and shipping, becos i'm not from the USA. 

8 Posts

March 26th, 2008 19:00

The same issue as yours. I called DELL to get a replacement, it seems better than my previous one. This problem still exist, although it gets better a little bit....

37 Posts

March 28th, 2008 21:00

I found another owner on a forum who has pictures similar to what I a experiencing with left side brighter.

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1290056

I have already gone for a refund. 

Let me know when a A01 or A02 revision is out, I may revisit this monitor then after these issues are worked out in a revision roll.

7 Posts

March 29th, 2008 19:00

Hi there,

Well I think my left side is also slightly brighter than the right edge where I can spot some darker shade. It is not very dark but as you said I can notice this too. Second thing is backlight bleed (not very strong tough) in top left, top right and botton right corner. In the review on http://monitortest.blogspot.com/ they only spotted  slight backlight bleed in top lef corner. 

I am very happy in general with this screen but for 422 GBP I paid for, one could expect more. I love the size and its resolution and now I just do not want to go for cheaper 22" TN panels. 

If I could be assured that when new revision is out they would replace the screen I can wait even until a04 revision.

In addition I will have to deal with DELL Poland as I am moving back home and I have purchased from DELL UK. 

I don't know what to do...

No Events found!