Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 2nd, 2008 17:00

2408WFP Continued

The thread "2408WFP rev A01 is out, but what are the changes?" has gotten too long to manage. I am locking that thread and any new comments should posted here.

Summery

A new firmware version of the 2408 was released. As the monitors work their way through the supply chain it will become more and more likely that you will receive a version A01 monitor when you order new.

For those getting replacements, all refurbished monitors in service stock should have the new firmware. If you get a new exchange there is still a chance it will be A00 but that should diminish over time.

The new firmware addresses:

1. Input lag.
  2. Not coming out of standby with some video cards.
  3. Changes the Sharpness settings to increments of 10 rather then 25.

Thank you for your patients through all of this, believe me it's been as frustrating for me as it has been for many of you.

7 Posts

November 27th, 2008 23:00

Has anyone else encountered the HDMI Audio problems detailed here:

en.community.dell.com/forums/t/19242195.aspx

2 Posts

December 3rd, 2008 07:00

My screen was delivered today :)
The box has some bumps, but I hope it will work (can test it in around 3 hours).

It's a A01 model :) Woohoo!

12 Posts

January 1st, 2009 20:00

Anyone else have the problem where the bottom left corner of the screen is purple during the windows login screen and the left most 2-3 inches of the monitor are brighter than the rest of the monitor?

I am on my second new 2408wfp and do not want a refurbished nor another with the same issue.

1 Message

January 13th, 2009 15:00

I'm just wondering what exactly the nature of this power save mode recovery problem is, as I bought myself a new ATI card a week ago (coming from nvidia). When Resuming from standby the monitor flashes 3 or 4 times, before it stabilizes, I was already wondering if this was normal, I also noticed that this stresses my pc, flac/wavpack playback (winamp) gets interrupted for example. Any thoughts on this?

Hi, I have the same screen flash problem with my UltraSharp DVI output when it wakes up from power saving mode.  Have you found any solutions or got any feeback?

1 Message

January 14th, 2009 05:00

So no one in europe have received A01 yet?

Report from Norway:

My old A00 received in May 2008, had a pixel error. I read this thread ever since and waited for a new firmware.

Only 20 hours after I contacted support, a refurbished UltraSharp 2408WFP A01 screen was delivered and the old screen taken away. The new screen is marked with an extra ‘REV A01’ tag over the ‘REV A00’ text at the back. Underneath the screen is a green tag with ‘REFURBISHED’. Sharpness adjusts in increment of 10. Better input lag. Both screens are made in Czech Republic.

SoftMCCS reports that A01 is manufactured 2008 week 17, 3 weeks before my old A00.

Still some pink letters with ClearType on, just as on my UltraSharp 2007FP. (Notepad, font: Lucida Console Regular size 10)

I am satisfied with the Dell UltraSharp monitors and the support.

11 Posts

January 14th, 2009 08:00

Does the new firmware address the problem of left side 3" brighter than the right side? I have several of these monitors and they all have the same problem. I want to returrn them but would like to know if this particular problem has been fixed. Thanks, Al

3 Posts

January 14th, 2009 09:00

I really wish there was a proper review of the input lag on the A01. I found a great review with numbers on a clone test of the A00 compared with other PVA and TN panels on www.TFTCentral.co.uk (look for the 2408WFP review) but they have not updated it for the A01, at least not with numbers. Has anyone got NUMBERS from a clone test on the input lag of the A01 revision?...

526 Posts

January 14th, 2009 09:00

Thanks for your work on this Jimmy! :emotion-1:

144 Posts

January 17th, 2009 13:00

Does the new firmware address the problem of left side 3" brighter than the right side? I have several of these monitors and they all have the same problem. I want to returrn them but would like to know if this particular problem has been fixed. Thanks, Al

The short answer is: No.

A firmware update only address electronic related issues (Input Lag, sharpness control, power save mode) but not panel related problem.

The long answer is: this is not really a "problem" but a caracteristic of the S-PVA panel implementation in the 2408.

Hope this help.

Martidi aka Brhume

1 Message

January 18th, 2009 19:00

So if I go out and buy a Rev A00 all I have to do is contact customer support and I can exchange the Rev A00 for Rev A01?

7 Posts

February 19th, 2009 09:00

I recently contacted Dell to get my 2408 repaired as it had a red edge on a lot of black text and also effected B/W photos.

I was given an exchange  but the 1st one, (marked A02), was just incredible - over 50 dead pixels, awful IQ etc, god knows what had happened to it but beside that the DVI-1 port didn't work; with no cable it did the usual search, add cable it went to sleep and every preset had a very green tint incl sRGB. Using custom RGB the green is too high by exactly 10.

I have now received the 2nd replacement which is marked A00 (though I can adjust the sharpness in 10's) but while the screen is fine the DVI-1 port has exactly the same fault and again all the presets have too much green by 10.

Do new A01 monitors have these issues?

August 11th, 2009 01:00

Jimmy,

I had the 2408wfp rev A01for 6 months which had power failures, so i got a replacement sent out yesterday which is a refurbished one and had a A02 sticker on the back but i believe its an A00 as the shapness only goes up by increments of 25 and i think its got the imput lag!

To me that means they have not updated the firmeware at all and just sent me a older version than i already had! Shall i ring up and complain and get another sent out? Whats your advice?? Im not a happy person at the moment.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

August 11th, 2009 07:00

All A00s have been updated to either A01 or A02. A01 had the Sharpness and Input lag fixed. All A02 added was some HDMI Audio tweaks. Do you see the input lag on this monitor.

August 11th, 2009 17:00

I beleive so and the sharpness goes up by 25% instead of 10, is that a give-away? My Original A01 went up by 10% increments. Whats the easiest way to test imput lag? Drag box around screen?

3 Posts

January 18th, 2010 12:00

Who can I contact in Slovenia about FW upgrade?

Thanks,
b.

No Events found!