dkwan
1 Copper

Re: 2408WFP Power save mode problem

I have been having the power save issue with my 2408WFP for a very long time now... What was that DVI option you are talking about? I am interested to see if that fixes my problem. Thanks.

0 Kudos

30 to 90 days is incorrect. Ouside of the first 21 days from the invoice date, the replacement will Refurbished/Used.

0 Kudos
dkwan
1 Copper

I have a brand new 2408wfp bought from DELL UK and delivered on 20 March 2008. It has the powersave problem detailled here and elsewhere on the internet - once it is in Powersave I have to reboot the PC via the power switch. The reason for posting is that I have an ATI 9800 pro video card using the DVI input  and was using catalyst 8-1. Last night I upgraded to the latest Catalyst 8-3 issued on March 5th 2008. 
http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_catalyst.aspx?p=xp/aiwradeonx-xp
This has solved my problem and I can now get back from Powersave by any keyboard or mouse activity. I suggest others with a similar problem who are using ATI video cards should do the same rather than getting a new monitor.
Tom.

I can't believe this!!! After search around for 2 days (plus countless on and off searching in the past 9 months) and trying to resolve this issue, tried all the latest and greatest drivers, BIOS etc. I come across this message, and said to myself. Ah, let's try to downgrade to Catalyst 8.3 (from 10.2).

And TA DA!! It works like a charm!

However this still post a question. This *maybe* AMD's fault in the video driver. *BUT* why with 10.2, it works fine with other DVI LCD I have except 2408? And this may cause future problems if I decided to upgrade my OS and has to use newer video driver.

Now this get me interested to find out at which version of Catalyst driver my 2408 stopped wake up from stand by mode.

Update 1: Just jumped from 8.3 -> 8.12 and worked fine.

Update 2: Catalyst 9.1 is the last version that seems to work. I have tested 9.2 & 9.3 twice just to make sure and with those version I can't bring the monitor out of sleep mode. IMHO this is not a perfect fix, since the other DVI LCD works as expected when I was using 10.2. It seems like from 9.1 to 9.2 something get changes and Dell 2408 just don't like it.

I hope this posting will help (or shed some light) for those of you just like me who suffer from the 2408 power save issue.

0 Kudos
clabarbara
1 Copper

Is 9.1 still working for you? I've been struggling with other versions on an All-In-Wonder 9800 Pro all year. I installed ATI Tray Tools and the Hotkey/Display Driver Reload works, but it's not the greatest solution if the machine is locked (have to put in user name & password then hit enter blind before the Hotkey will work). I am going to try 9.1 tonight.

What I was thinking would be a cool solution would be to run the Driver Reload Hotkey/Command when the card reader on the monitor is detected on USB.

This is provided you have a USB connection from the monitor to your machine.

In other words:

- Monitor is off and/or in standby.

- Power on monitor.

- PC detects USB card reader

- [Insert software or script here] uses that detection as a trigger to send the reload display driver command via ATI tray tools.

Not the cleanest but it would be "automatic". Perhaps something could be done with the Autoplay, but that implies you leave a card in the reader at all times.

If anybody has any tools that would detect USB mount and give you a signal you could use to trigger something, that would be ideal. The only stuff I've been able to find so far was for Ubuntu.

0 Kudos