jschumacher
1 Copper

Re: 2408WFP blackouts out briefly

I'm also experiencing this same problem on my recently purchased 2408WFP A02 rev.  I first blamed it on the fact that I was running the Windows 7 release candidate with beta NVidia drivers, but I have been through several updates of the video driver for my 9500GT card as new driver versions are released and still notice the same problem.  Sometimes it blacks out just once, and sometimes it blacks out 3 or 4 times right in a row.  Other times it doesn't do it for most of the day.

I also use the monitor with my Ubuntu based laptop and have noticed the same blackout issue.  The desktop and the laptop are connected to the two DVI inputs of the monitor.

0 Kudos
bwesl
1 Copper

Hi Chris,

My video card is a retail Saphhire HD4890.  Only my monitor is Dell.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
clackers
1 Copper

I've been having this very problem ever since I bought it. It blinked when I had Gigabyte 8600 and now with a Gigabyte 4890. The blinks are very random and gets very annoying when surfing the net or playing games. I'm using XP 64 bit. Anyone if there's gonna be fix soon? I've emailed Gigabyte support with this information regarding the Saphire BIOS update but they just said it was the card and just to RMA it. Not happy Jan! Clackers. PS and I should say I'm using DVI and have a RA01 Version monitor

0 Kudos
gjames_6
1 Copper

I have the same problem although it happens very rarely. I think it happens when the monitor is turned off or comes back from power save mode. I will have to watch and keep track of when it happens. I am using Vista SP2 with an GeForce 7800 GT Driver version 8.15.11.8618

Dell 2709W

DIV cable supplied with monitor

Firmware A02

Manf Date June 2009 Mexico.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
ltctech
1 Copper

So setting the monitor to run at 60Hz has not fixed the issue.
I have noticed that it almost always happens when I get up from or sit down at my desk.
I thought it was the wires, but I double checked them and it does not appear to be a bad connection.
A colleague suggested it might be EMI that is causing the LCD to lose sync.
It is a really weird issue...

0 Kudos
ScottSellers
1 Copper

Wanted to report back on this issue:  Contacted Sapphire's tech support and received an updated BIOS for my HD 4890, flashed and haven't seen any blackouts/blinks since.  Thanks to bwesl and others over at tomshardware forums for posting this fix (http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/263520-33-4890-problem-plese-help).

0 Kudos
peterthepooh
1 Copper

I have purchased 3 of this monitor 2408WFP all running on Dell Latitude E6500 with Nvidia NVS160M video on them.  All of them are experiencing black out issues as described on DVI.  Running Windows XP Pro with latest laptop bios and video drivers.  Monitors are A02 using stock DVI cable, have also tried other spare DVI cables.

Dell please help me fix this issue.

Thanks,

Peter

0 Kudos

Do you have a desktop PC to test these on?

0 Kudos
peterthepooh
1 Copper

Unfortunately no, all of our users have laptop computers.  None of them have experienced any issues with the 20" or 22" LCD Ultrasharp panels from Dell using DVI, only the 2408WFP have this problem for us.

We are currently using VGA cable and it is working but we want to use DVI if possible.  I was hoping to get some advice or direction before going through the trouble of returning all 3 LCDs. 

Thanks,

Peter

0 Kudos

Are the users using XP power management or are they just losing the signal while the PC is in use?

0 Kudos