Boyd B
3 Zinc

Re: 2408WFP rev A01 is out, but what are the changes?

@Thomas_A wrote:
Got my 2408WFP rev a00 yesterday and it looks perfect, but input lag makes it unplayable.. I have no problem playing fps games on my new SP2208WFP. i can not return 2408WFT because my wife love it and she doesent play fps games so..

Hello Thomas_A, You wrote "Got my 2408WFP rev a00".    Is this mistated?

Is it yours or is it the wife's?

If it were mine, and I didn't like it, I would send it back.

If it's the wife's and she likes it, then she would keep it.

Just kidding, I understand how wives can be.

I also have a 2408WFP and I don't play games either. It has all the issues

that others have mentioned but not the input lag. This does seem odd to me.

I also, have chosen to keep mine, at least for now. I can live with all the issues

and understand why others cannot.

When Dell sorts all these issues out, I will then ask for a replacement for the 2408WFP.

0 Kudos
duckowner
1 Copper

New member here,I have place an order for thismonitor 2408wfp and was told by three dell reps that my monitor,being built after 7/1/2008 will have the new revision a01 when i receive it around the 10th of july.Can this be verify by anyone on this forum?I repeatedly asked them to check and confirmed the A01 would be in my monitor and they all said with confidence that it would have it.Regards.

PS. I thought that the A01 will be out in the middle of July according to Jimmy?

0 Kudos
Boyd B
3 Zinc

@duckowner wrote:

New member here,I have place an order for thismonitor 2408wfp and was told by three dell reps that my monitor,being built after 7/1/2008 will have the new revision a01 when i receive it around the 10th of july.Can this be verify by anyone on this forum?I repeatedly asked them to check and confirmed the A01 would be in my monitor and they all said with confidence that it would have it.Regards.

PS. I thought that the A01 will be out in the middle of July according to Jimmy?

Hello duckowner, What you have been advised by the Dell reps. may indeed be correct.

Dell in known for not being very accurate on their delivery dates.

Dell, usually always, list shipping dates far ahead of the actual ship date, at least in the US.

Don't be surprised if you get it early, if it is in the build process.

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
Corrodias
1 Copper

"if you want a pro monitor spend $2000, if you want a fantastic mid level monitor then settle for the 2408."

I'd spend $2000 if that would get me a perfect monitor. We're not "blasting" it, we're pointing out what's wrong with it. If you don't like to hear that it has problems, you shouldn't be reading threads about its problems. I still have to wait until A01 comes out and gets reviewed before i decide whether to get a different monitor, though.

0 Kudos
ruxjaye
2 Bronze

Make sure you check the adjustments for the 10 increment vice the 25 increment.  You wouldn't be the first person here to be told that they're getting rea A01 and not get it.  Also Jimmy said somewhere that the new 2408wfp will still be rev A00 but with a different part number.  Post back and let us know which one you end up with.
0 Kudos
ruxjaye
2 Bronze

@duckowner wrote:

Make sure you check the adjustments for the 10 increment vice the 25 increment.  You wouldn't be the first person here to be told that they're getting rea A01 and not get it.  Also Jimmy said somewhere that the new 2408wfp will still be rev A00 but with a different part number.  Post back and let us know which one you end up with.

Sorry about the double post.......couldn't figure out how to quote.....

0 Kudos
narcan
1 Copper

I read a few times about the Samsung 244T not having this brighter left side problem, this is incorrect.

http://www.hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1031372271&postcount=61

So same panel, same problem on all of them.

Message Edited by narcan on 07-07-2008 04:27 AM
0 Kudos
Highlighted
sjtsnix
2 Bronze

DELL-Jimmy_P wrote: 

I will post here when I have a firm date that the new firmware is shipping.

I've not seen a post, so, shall I assume A01 still is not shipping?   Any speculation as to when?  

Do you know if A01 will work with KVM's with DVI ports?

Stephen

0 Kudos
ruxjaye
2 Bronze

Also, Jimmy can you comment on how dell is fixing/removing the input lag on the new model?

I do alot of gaming on my pc, and the lag is my biggest concern.  I know that the lower end 24" is an option for me but I really like some of the nicer capabilities of the ultrasharp series.  If you guys can fix the lag issue I'm sold.

Thanks....

0 Kudos
DELL-Jimmy P
4 Beryllium

@ruxjaye wrote:

Also, Jimmy can you comment on how dell is fixing/removing the input lag on the new model?

Actually I can't, I'm not an engineer and they haven't given me any details on what they did, just that it's been reduced.

0 Kudos