Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 6th, 2010 06:00

2408WFPb A00 broken

I (finally) got the biggest issue with this screen as well. I put up with 2 years of flickering multiple times a day or even an hour for more than 2 years, I kinda grows on you. :)

But now; the screen turns on but stays blank (black). Despite the interface I'm using, the way I turn it on and off; no picture whatsoever. The PC thinks the screen is usable and "displays" the desktop on to it.

When I pull the power cord, plug it back in and turn on the screen, I can see the DELL logo being built, but after the "E" my screen goes black and that's it.

Here's the problem: I bought this screen through a retailer that no longer exists. Even the company it belonged to, is no longer. Seeing these screens don't have a service tag, I need to contact someone directly to claim my 3 year warranty. It has a MFG date of 01-2008, so I'm slowly running out of time.

I live in the Netherlands; is there anything I can do here to start the process?

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

November 6th, 2010 20:00

Without the original Dell Order number, we cannot see the original warranty purchased. The PPID number only tells us the build date. It is not tied to the warranty purchased.

2 Posts

November 7th, 2010 03:00

Thank you Chris, I understand that.

How can I get the Order number? I wonder if I ever got an invoice from the bankrupt company I bought it from >2 years ago, more people I know did not get the invoice from them. And still, the invoice from that company would not state the original DELL Order number I reckon?

So actually, the only thing I have so far is the serial number of the monitor. I destroyed the box it came in not long ago; that would have been helpful now :(

No Events found!