Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

K

April 7th, 2014 12:00

2413 tinting in corners and BLB issues - will a replacement be better?

I took delivery of a 2413 a couple days ago (REV A00 manufactured Jan. 2014) and it has green tinting in the extreme bottom left hand corner, and more prominent pink tinting in the bottom right hand corner near the on/off button. It also has more BLB than I'm used to on an IPS screen (it's definitely not IPS sheen), albeit I could live with this BLB if the screen didn't have the pink/green tint issue.

My understanding is that these issues are less common now, but how likely is it that any replacement screen will be a better sample? Due to Distance Selling regulations in the UK I could just return this for a full refund and am inclined to do so, unless I feet confident there's a chance I might get a good copy. This is a wonderful screen otherwise, and so I'd love to get hold of a good one.

Pictures taken in a very bright room so the BLB is not so obvious:
https://db.tt/S5Jn4EVu

22 Posts

April 8th, 2014 04:00

Just noticed green inverse ghosting issue in all preset modes, but particularly noticeable in aRGB and sRGB. I'm going to take my chance with one more of these and hope that I get a good one.

22 Posts

April 17th, 2014 07:00

Liaised directly with Dell regarding replacement, received a new panel today (manufactured Feb 2014) and it's much worse than the first. The factory preset Color Space profiles are completely unusable on this one (both aRGB and sRGB have heavy yellow and magenta/purple tints respectively), whereas they were fine on the first. Green and pink tints in the corners on this one as well. No visible backlight bleed so I suppose there's that...

Great customer service throughout, terrible quality control.

No Events found!