Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 25th, 2009 05:00

2709W HDMI Color Settings!! Help!!!

Hi there to everyone

Basically the problem is when I connect my Xbox to the monitor using HDMI the Color Setting in the menu says "YPbPr" under Input color format. This means that I have connected something using component (YPbPr) but I haven't.

As a result of this the quality I get from the xbox is really poor compared to what I got before when I used the HDMI.

I think this all happened when I tried to connect the TV to the monitor via component (YPbPr)

I have noticed that I cannot select 'Auto Select' in the input source menu which means the monitor thinks I have connected two displays. Which makes me believe this cause the problem because the monitor think I have connected both HDMI and YPbPr cables?

But when I connect my laptop using DVI-D I CAN change color setting from the menu but only when I connect HDMI that I have this issue

Please help! I tried factory reset, power cycle and everything but no luck

Thanks in advance

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

May 26th, 2009 09:00

Priyanga06,

* Turn off the monitor
* Unplug the monitor from the computer, TV, Xbox, etc. (ALL cables)
* Unplug the monitor power cable from the rear of the monitor
* Press and hold the monitor power button in for 3 seconds
* Plug the monitor power cord directly into the wall socket. Plug the other end into the monitor
* Reconnect only the HDMI cable to the monitor and the other end to the Xbox
* Power on the Xbox
* Power on the monitor
* Press the Monitor Input Source Select button and choose HDMI

What HDMI options do you see on the Xbox?

39 Posts

May 27th, 2009 05:00

Thanks Chris!

I will try it and let you know what happens

Just as an update, I tried using a different HDMI cable then a new xbox (I swapped mine saying there might be a problem with xbox graphics) and I still don't get HD quality.

So it is the monitor and I will try what Chris M said. 

For the options in the xbox I get; (bold ones are my current settings)

*HDTV Setting - 480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p

*Reference Levels - Standard, Intermediate, Expanded (Tried all of them and they don't make much of a difference)

*HDMI Color Space - Auto, Source, RGB, YCbCr709, YCbCr601 (I used the current one as it says that the typical setting for HD and that's the one I used when I did get HD quality for a while)

Thanks again

39 Posts

May 27th, 2009 06:00

Still get the same message your display indicates that this resolution is not supported at 50hz under that setting

39 Posts

Ok I have done what you said Chris and I get the following message "your display indicates that this resolution is not supported at 50hz" when I try to change the HDTV settings

Maybe the HDMI does not support 60Hz or I have to change the 50Hz to 60Hz in the xbox 360

Thing is you can't change the refresh rate with HDMI but I connected using composite and changed the rate to 60 and the when connected using the HDMI I still got the same message

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

Under HDMI Color Space, set it to Auto.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

May 27th, 2009 07:00

Why would you ever choose anything other than 60Hz?

39 Posts

May 27th, 2009 07:00

What do you mean? 

I can't choose anything. I can only choose between 60Hz and 50Hz when I connect through component or composite. 

So I chose 60 and then connected the HDMI cable and when I tried the 1080p it gives me that message saying the display doesn't support the resolution at 50Hz.

I am pretty sure that the monitor is 60Hz

I am really confused

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

May 27th, 2009 16:00

You are using the Xbox Elite with an HDMI to HDMI cable?

There should be no other input cables connected to the monitor except for the cable connected to the Xbox.

We just tested the Xbox 360 Elite (HDMI to HDMI) to 2709w. It detected automatically and the color space was RGB.

We cannot figure out you got YPbPr with HDMI? We need your step by step instructions to obtain YPbPr as we do not see this option?

39 Posts

May 28th, 2009 05:00

Yes I am using HDMI to HDMI cable

I got YPbPr because I had the color space set to YCbCr709 but with RGB color space, I get RGB as the input color format but I cannot change it

Were you able to set the resolution to 1080p or 720p or any other given resolutions under HDTV settings? 

When I select any of those resolutions, It tells me that the resolutions are not supported by my display at 50Hz

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

May 28th, 2009 06:00

A Vga cable is not HDMI and doesnt support 1080P

What Brand and Model TV?

What brand and model Cable?

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/x/xbox360hdmiavcable/

39 Posts

May 28th, 2009 07:00

I know VGA doesn't and that's why I am using HDMI and I cannot set the resolution and I am getting a message saying My display does not support the resolution at 50Hz

its not a TV, its a Dell 27" 2709W monitor and the HDMI cable is the Microsoft one that I got with my Xbox Elite

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

May 28th, 2009 12:00

HDMI 1.2 Type A connector for xbox 360 Elite
will only support the 24 BIT sRGB color-space.

The XBOX 360 elite does not support HDMI 1.3 and

Deep Color with 30-bit, 36-bit, and 48-bit xvYCC, sRGB, or YCbCr.

Maximum resolution over single link at 24-bit/px:emotion-22: 1920×1200p60

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

May 28th, 2009 12:00

Notes from engineering -

How did he set the color space? There is no such option in XBOX 360 unit.

And yes, I am able to select 480p 720p 1080i or 1080p

No Events found!