Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 12th, 2013 15:00

2713hm Resolution Scaling/Stretching

My (Dell) laptop cannot drive the monitor at full resultion. I'm currently running at either 1920x1080 over HDMI or 2048x1152 over VGA, and it scales to fill the whole screen.

Is it possible to turn off the scaling, to get 1:1 pixel matching and black bars around the image?

March 14th, 2013 03:00

Hi Glenn2,

I have done some research on this topic and found that the maximum supported resolution in 4:3 aspect ratio using the HDMI or VGA cable is 1856 x 1392.

You may create a custom resolution using the graphics card control panel. The steps may vary depending on the graphics card manufacturer.

Let me know the system model and the video card that is installed on it so that I can provided specific steps.

You can check the Display Adapter category by going to Start > Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Device Manager to know which video card was shipped with the computer.

Hope this helps. Do reply with the findings.

March 13th, 2013 04:00

Hi Glenn2,

You may try the following steps to change the aspect ratio of the monitor using the On Screen Display menu:

1. Press the menu button on the monitor.
2. Navigate to 'Display Settings'.
3. Under Display Settings, select Aspect ratio to a value that fills the complete screen.

You may refer to the User Manual of the monitor to know more about using the OSD menu on the link below:

ftp://ftp.dell.com/Manuals/all-products/esuprt_electronics/esuprt_Display/dell-u2713hm_User%27s%20Guide_en-us.pdf

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need any further assistance.

3 Posts

March 13th, 2013 11:00

Hi, thanks for your help, but unfortunately this didn't fix the issue.

There is still vertical stretching, as the monitor doesn't support 1920 x 1440 over vga or hdmi (which could have matched 4:3 aspect ratio I guess).

3 Posts

March 15th, 2013 13:00

I was able to set this resolution, but it still stretched, as it doesn't match pixel for pixel the monitor resolution. That's OK, I'll use it in full screen mode scaled to 16:9. Later this year I'll be getting a computer that can support the monitor at full resolution over displayport anyway.

Thanks for you help.

March 17th, 2013 01:00

Hi Glenn2,

A system with Displayport would be great as it would then support a resolution of 2560 x 1600, which would give you the optimum picture on your monitor.

Let me know if you need further assistance. I will be happy to help.

No Events found!