Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

D

December 22nd, 2010 18:00

2nd Monitor for a Dell Dimension 9200

I am considering adding a 2nd monitor to my Dell Dimension 9200 so that I can use both monitors at the same time.

I am running XP Professional Service Pack 3 and Internet Explorer 8 on that desktop.

The Dell Dimension 9200 came with a Dell 2007WFP Color Monitor (20 inch) when I purchased it in early January 2007 (A Dell branded monitor).

1 of the options for a "Second Monitor" back then was a 20 inch Ultrasharp 2007WFP Widescreen Digital Flat Panel which may be the same monitor that came with the Desktop - so I assume that Desktop would be able to handle a 2nd monitor.

Question I have is: How can I determine that for sure (that it can handle 2 monitors and what monitor would be compatible)? I put in my Service Tag but only got a card & some memory as things I could "upgrade" for that Desktop.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

December 23rd, 2010 17:00

Look at the computer video card (the thing your single monitor is connected to). If it has multiple ports (white DVI, blue VGA), then you can use dual monitors. As to what I would use, it depends. I would want the same monitor.

98 Posts

December 25th, 2010 07:00

Actually it has three (3) connections on the Video Card.

The larger white one (which is what I am currently using), a smalle blue one, and a third round black one in between the white & the blue one.

What difference would there be in the efficiency of the 2nd monitor if I plug it into the blue VGA connector.?

So, a monitor like that can only be purchased used or refurbished (i.e. they do not make them anymore)?

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

December 25th, 2010 16:00

What difference would there be in the efficiency of the 2nd monitor if I plug it into the blue VGA connector?
* None. In normal windows applications you will not see a difference.

So, a monitor like that can only be purchased used or refurbished (i.e. they do not make them anymore)?
* Correct. We do not sell them as new.

No Events found!