I have a 3007WFP monitor but it's not working with my laptop. I have all of the cords plugged in and checked that they worked with my old monitor. I have tried messing with screen resolution but nothing has worked. I get that white to red to green to blue screen when it's unplugged, the power button light is on and yet, nothing happens. Can anyone help me out here?
* What specific HP laptop model?
* What video out ports are on the HP laptop?
* What was the old monitor model that worked on the HP laptop?
The HDMI to DVI converter will not work for this 2007 monitor. In your case, if the HDMI to DVI converter were working, you would only get 1280x800 60Hz. But Dell never tested any converters on this monitor.
* The only resolutions supported by the 12 year old 3007WFP are 1280x800 60Hz or 2560x1600 60Hz
* To get 2560x1600 60Hz, the PC must have a DVI-D DL out port
PC DVI-D out port --> DVI-D to DVI-D cable --> 3007WFP DVI-D in port