Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 19th, 2014 22:00

3007WFP, Single Dark "pixel" horizontal line

Hello,

I tried searching and couldn't find a solution. I would like to know what causes an dark single pixel line that goes across the entire screen horizontally. It seems like the pixels in that horizontal line still work, but just darker than the rest of the pixels? It's not the video card or the computer itself, it's the monitor. And the big question, is it fixable?

Thanks

10 Posts

April 19th, 2014 23:00

This monitor doesn't use/have hdmi... it is powered by dual-dvi link.

I tried other monitors and even changed the cable, they all worked perfectly.

Changing the screen resolution on the Dell 3007 doesn't solve the problem, it's the hardware.

50 Posts

Looks like you are going to need a new/used monitor.

50 Posts

Se if you can beg, borrow, or steal a monitor and see if it does the same thing on the different monitor. Or if you have an HDMI port hook it to an HDMI port on a tv and see what it looks like. This will tell you for sure if it is the monitor or not..

50 Posts

April 20th, 2014 10:00

OK, I don't blame you. I hope it is something with an easy fix.

10 Posts

April 20th, 2014 10:00

I wanted to know what exactly causes this, there is always a chance that you can fix them.

I don't want to shell out another $1000 for a 30" monitor..

I'm waiting for more response, hopefully someone from dell can help me or even technicians.

I had repaired monitors in the past and they had been fairly easy (replaced the capacitor and works like new.)

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

April 21st, 2014 08:00

DrClone,

Dell is not going to know what the cause was because we do not repair monitors, we simply exhange them while under warranty. A local TV repiar person might be able to tear it down and isolate the defective part. You could then look for that part on ebay, etc.

10 Posts

April 21st, 2014 08:00

Thank you for your response, but what happens if it is out of warranty? Are you able to exchange for a cost/price?

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

April 21st, 2014 09:00

Are you able to exchange for a cost/price?
* No.

No Events found!