Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 29th, 2008 14:00

3007WFP

I have a problem with my new display - a 30 inch dell 3007-wfp hc. I'm running windows Vista - 32 bit. The display is connected with a dual link dvi cable (there is only a single port at the back of the computer). Graphics card is ATI Radeon HD 2400 Pro.

The monitor will not display any resolution higher than 1280x800 (although it works fine at that resolution). The monitor is supposed to go to 2560X1600 with this card. Options for higher resolutions are not offered in any of the control panel settings for the monitor or the video card. I have updated all the drivers for the monitor AND the card and rebooted. I am NOT using a VGA connection.

Spent 3 hours online with a dell rep, he really didn't get anywhere and had no good suggestions.

I also contacted AMD (who makes the card).  They said it is possible that the Dell version of the card (which AMD refuses to support) might not have the same capability as the direct from AMD version.  Or the Dell adaptor for the card (don't know what that is) is interfering in some way.

I know others on the Dell forums are complaining about similar problems.  But I haven't seen a solution.  A post in the monitor FAQ section (http://www.dellcommunity.com/supportforums/board/message?board.id=dim_monitor&message.id=66965) does not list the ATI Radeon HD 2400 Pro as supporting the full resolution of this monitor (although AMDs web page says it should).

I'd appreciate any help.

1 Message

December 15th, 2008 11:00

I have the exact same problem. Any ideas yet?

No Events found!