Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

December 8th, 2017 05:00

AW2310 Alienware 3D Monitor - Want to Bring Back to Life!

Hello all, many years ago now I purchases one of the best monitors I had every purchased which was the AW2310 Alienware 3D Monitor, unfortunately after a couple of years of use it decided to keep turning the screen black, in order for it to work I would need to switch it off then on again...sob sob sob.

Anyway I needed another monitor urgently so put the AW2310 in the loft for a good few years, now today I decided to take another look and it still actually appears to work reasonably well apart from it still turns off!

I have noticed that if I turn the brightness down it does not switch the screen black and I am actually using the monitor as I type!

The thing is its not really usable with such a dim screen so my question is can anything be done to bring some life back to this monitor ? can any components be replaced ?

Even after all this time its such a really great monitor and the style and adjustability is second to none!

Hope someone has some idea`s

thanks all

mrix

December 8th, 2017 06:00

Hello Chris, I think its a huge shame Dell do not offer any help when a product is out of warranty, even though my monitor has a problem it never really got used that much and I am sure it could have many years left in it with a few component replacements, maybe simply just capacitors.

Is there any information around that explains the procedure for removing the back section ? there appears to be no screws to separate from the screen itself ? obviously if I get someone to take a look its something they will need to know etc.

Hope you can help

thanks

mrix

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

December 8th, 2017 06:00

Unfortunately, Dell does not repair monitors, sell monitor components, or have monitor disassembly documentation. One option is to take it to a local TV repair center to see if they can diagnose the defective component. Then look for spare parts on eBay or craigslist. The cost of repair might outweigh the current market value of this 7 year old monitor.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

December 9th, 2017 06:00

I think its a huge shame Dell do not offer any help when a product is out of warranty. Is there any information around that explains the procedure for removing the back section ?

* The warranty has nothing to do with this subject. The fact is for all monitors (in warranty and out of warranty), we do not disassemble monitors nor do we have any documentation that discusses this.

December 9th, 2017 08:00

Its something I will certainly consider when I next purchase an expensive monitor.

Best regards

No Events found!