Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

March 29th, 2018 13:00

AW2518HF, No Audio?

Hello, I've tried both the line out and the headphone socket but I cannot get sound to come out of this monitor, I've tried putting a capture device between the source and the monitor and sound is leaving the console via the HDMI cable but neither the live out or headphones sockets seem to output even with the volume up fully in the OSD.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Andy :)

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

March 30th, 2018 06:00

I need some data...
* To what computer model is the AW2518HF attached?
* What operating system is installed on the computer?
* What video card/GPU is installed in the computer?
* What video OUT ports are on the video card/GPU?
* List all of the AW2518HF cables attached to the computer and the ports they are using

March 30th, 2018 07:00

Hi Chris,

Thank you for responding, it's an Xbox One console connected via HDMI, only cables are the power cable that came with the monitor, the HDMI cable that also came with the monitor and the speakers are some Logitech desktop speakers with a 3.5mm jack connection I've tried in both the line out and headphone sockets on the monitor, they work when plugged into my phone.

Thanks again.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

March 30th, 2018 07:00

The fact that the AW2518HF audio out ports work via the cell phone means the fault is the Xbox One. The AW2518HF HDMI in audio is simply a passive pass through via the source Xbox One HDMI out port. The Xbox One "controls" the audio "sending" aspect. So the Xbox One HDMI out sends both the video and audio signal, the AW2518HF receives them and sends them to its HDMI in port and audio out port. The AW2518HF OSD (On Screen Display) Menu Audio can only work IF the Xbox One HDMI out is sending the audio signal. You should start by going through their troubleshooter.

April 3rd, 2018 04:00

Sorry, maybe I didn't explain it correctly, the speakers and heapdhones work find on other devices but not either of the monitors 3.5mm output ports.

I've been able to confirm the console is still outputting sound as I've added a capture device between the console and monitor and it is receiving audio.

It just seems as though the monitor is not passing the signal through.

Thank you for any more suggestions.

Andy

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

April 3rd, 2018 06:00

* Test the AW2518HF on a Windows PC computer with video card HDMI out port
Windows computer HDMI out port --> AW2518HF HDMI to HDMI cable --> AW2518HF HDMI #1 in port
* Once connected and on the Windows desktop, right click the Speaker icon
* Click Playback devices
* Choose AW2518HF HDMI as the Default Playback device
* Click Apply- OK
* Open the AW2518HF Menu OSD (On Screen Display)
* Go to Audio
* Click Reset Audio. Volume should be at 50
* Exit the AW2518HF Menu
* Start playing music
* Plug headphones into the rear Headphone out port. Can you hear the music?
* Disconnect the headphones from the Headphone out port
* Plug powered speakers into the rear Line out port. Can you hear the music?

No Events found!