Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 6th, 2017 08:00

AW3418DW, built-in crosshair overlay?

I'm looking into buying this monitor since it has all the specs I am looking for in a monitor. There is just one thing I'm missing. Does it have a crosshair overlay? Since its a top of the line gaming monitor I expect that it does (all of the competitors also have a crosshair feature like the Acer and Asus in their gaming line of monitors). But I just cant find that information online. Could you help me with my troubles? :)

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

November 6th, 2017 13:00

"crosshair overlay" is not specifically mentioned in the User's Guide, so no, not "built-in". You would have to install some 3rd party software to accomplish this. In a single player shooter game that has no crosshair, no big deal to use a crosshair overlay. But in any multi-player shooter game that does not provide a crosshair, it would be viewed as cheating and could get you kicked from their server.

2 Posts

November 7th, 2017 08:00

I see, but still your competitors like the Acer and Asus which are in the same line of top of the line gaming monitors have that feature. In that case thats too bad would have been a perfect monitor if it had a crosshair overlay.

1 Message

March 14th, 2018 22:00

So basically you're a newb, and you are going to buy an inferior monitor because it will help you cheat?

/git_good

5 Posts

October 11th, 2018 11:00

Weak reply since you have no idea what his/her skill level is and what the person would use the cross-hair overlay for.  I'm here for the same reason and I own the Asus version of this monitor. Not much of a difference when it comes to the specs.

No Events found!