Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 26th, 2009 23:00

Accelerated dimming?

I just read another post about problems calibrating a monitor, but had not seen a reply, so I thought I would post as well.

I am having similar problems. I am using a Spyder2Pro with two 2407 monitors. Both were purchased almost the same time. One is considerably (almost half) dimmer than the other and useless to me for photo editing. During the day or with lights on, the image is way too dim and turning up brightness or contrast washes out all the color and details.

Jimmy, if you see this please pm me. Would like to get some ideas on possible solutions. I will try chatting online with tech support but have a feeling things will go much faster here.

Thanks.

1.5K Posts

January 27th, 2009 16:00

Try doing a factory reset on the dim monitor. Press the menu button, press the + button once to put it on factory reset and press the menu button again, push the + button one time to place it on all settings and press the menu button again. If it is still dimmer than it should contact support.

11 Posts

January 27th, 2009 16:00

think i was am doing something wrong because it just bounces around the brightness menu system.

I did find the factory reset option in "menu settings" options in the menu. didnt do much, if anything, more duller. i've been through the troubleshooting wizard online as well, but no solution.

will try contacting support now.

thanks.

follow up. didnt get very far with tech support. sent you a pm.

No Events found!