Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 10th, 2017 15:00

S2716DG, buzzing issue, resolved?

I've had the S2716DG for a few months now and there has always been an audible buzz... after further research on Google I found out that you can make it go away by raising the brightness to 91% and then bringing back down, but only to have it happen again when the monitor wakes up from sleep (not deep sleep, since that is a totally different can of worms). I've seen some posts here, other online forums, and reddit regarding this issue, but it sounds like no one with the issue ever reported back having had the issue resolved. I actually contacted Dell and received a replacement refurbished unit a few days ago. I was pleasantly surprised that the replacement came so quickly, but unfortunately it also had the same exact buzzing issue. I contacted Dell again and they told me that they would send out another unit once I return the replacement, but my fear is that the next one is going to have the same issue as well. So my question is, is everyone just "dealing with" the buzzing by adjusting the brightness every time you power on your computer? Or has anyone successfully received a unit with this issue fixed? Just for reference my unit is a revision A04, built in December 2016. The first replacement I received was also a rev A04.

2 Posts

August 18th, 2017 15:00

I just received my second replacement; it's also a rev A04, manufactured in Feb 2017.

So far I have not noticed the buzz at any brightness levels. Maybe the ones manufactured in 2017 have this issue ironed out, or maybe I just got lucky and received a good one on the second try.

The conclusion is that the buzzing is in fact an issue that is present in some of the monitors, and you should be able to get yours replaced under warranty with one that does not have the buzz. So yes, this problem CAN be resolved.

Community Manager

• 

2.2K Posts

August 11th, 2017 14:00

Hi JYx,

Let me see if I can find anything on this, I should hopefully be able to get back by early next week. 

Best regards,

Brad

2 Posts

August 12th, 2017 22:00

Duplicate please ignore.

2 Posts

August 12th, 2017 22:00

I also have this issue. I bought mine through Best Buy and it's a A04 DGR version with a Dec. 2016 manufacture date.

The buzzing is audible and increases in volume as you increase the brightness of the monitor. For me, if I raise the brightness above 81 it makes a "pop" sound and the buzzing stops.

I love this monitor otherwise, but I will likely return it because I don't find audible buzzing acceptable on a $500+ monitor. I also don't think messing with the brightness every time the monitor turns on/unsleeps is a long term solution.

Right now I'm curious as to whether this is present on all S2716DG(R)'s or only some. It's possible that all have this issue and only people with near silent rooms or sensitivity to electrical noise notice it. I'm on the fence as to whether I'll get a replacement or a refund. I'll wait for a, hopefully, timely response from Dell before deciding.

Community Manager

• 

2.2K Posts

August 18th, 2017 18:00

Hi JYx,

Thanks so much for the update, I am glad to hear this. 

Best regards,

Brad

No Events found!