Community Manager

Re: Asking for :Rerun your monitor calibration software

Cool.

0 Kudos
Wade.Moody
2 Bronze

You tried this?

I right clicked on my desktop, clicked on "Screen Resolution", then clicked on "Advanced Settings", then clicked "Color Mangagement", then to "Profiles". Go through calibrating your monitor and save. Photoshop should open without that popup after that.

I encountered the same problem, I followed it but it does not work, why?
0 Kudos
Grendor
2 Bronze

Hello,

Depending on what version Photoshop you are using they removed the Calibration tool, and they have no working tool at all anymore.

Also I have checked multiple Vista systems and I have not found a calibration tool for them with the steps the Dell rep listed.

I had to go out and buy a monitor calibration tool to get the message to stop.

And the Calibration tool is worth every penny, it has made pictures and games show crisp and clear vivid colors.

Hope this helps.
Grendor

0 Kudos
kylarice
2 Bronze

Hey Chris, hopefully you can or someone here can  help me.  I'm getting the same error message, mentioned above, with my sp2309w monitor when I open Photoshop Elements 9.  When I right click on the desktop, go to Advanced settings, then color management tab, then click the color management button, then to the advance tab, there is a calibrate display button.  When I click that, it tells me that "This display currently uses a wide-gamut color profile.  The Display Color Calibration will create a color profile with a conventional gamut, which may be a poor fit for this display and result in distorted color appearance.  Do you want to continue anyway?"  So I got scared and cancelled out.  Should I continue?  or am I getting this message because maybe my resolution is not at 'native resolution'?  Right now it is at 2048x1152 (recommended).  I'm Windows7 OS.  Thanks

0 Kudos
Grendor
2 Bronze

Hello,

That error is a pain.  I had tried everything I could on my vista machine, and I could not make the error go away.

In the end after much trouble and hassle I ended up buying a Pantone Huey Pro monitor calibrator.
As soon as I got it and used it it fixed the error and made the monitor colors correct, in fact I used it on all my systems.

I don't know about Windows 7 but if it is like Vista I would spend the $114.00 and buy the Pantone Huey Pro.

Sorry i could not be more help.
But I gave up after spending weeks trying to fix the issue, and bought the calibrator.
Hope you have better luck than I did.

0 Kudos
Dadam_t
2 Bronze

I ve got the exact problem I ve been clicking use anyway,  sadly I dont understand enough to calibrate it on my own.

0 Kudos
HShivo
2 Bronze

Chris,

I have a Dell E177FP monitor and I'm having the same "monitor calibration" issue when I open Photoshop CS3.  I'm joining ICloud and need to resolve the problem.  Please advise and thank you in advance!

hs

0 Kudos