Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 9th, 2011 20:00

Beeping Monitor

dit dit dit     dit dit dit     dit dit dit         That's  the  fast beep sequence at totally random times about an hour or so apart. It started today, after the updates from Microsoft.

I don't know if that's the cause, but it's rather annoying and it's loud enough (depending how I have the volume set) to be startling, when it comes on.  It's the same sequence every time. 

I disabled the Catalyst Control Center from start up. And some other start up programs...

it's a Samsung Synch Master 943N connected by the DVI-A on the ATI 5770 1GB DDR5 graphics card to the VGA connection on the LCD monitor. 

I just received my Studio XPS 9100 desktop  Monday and sat it up Tuesday, after warming up from the weather. I already had the monitor from last year.  It's running perfect and I put it through the Dell Dianostics Utility and everything has passed. It just started doing this electro-beeping today.

I noticed Dell doesn't have updated drivers for their hardware.. graphics.. sound.. etc.   They haven't updated since June of last year.  Pretty lame.   I went to Samsung and downloaded the 64bit Windows 7 drivers for the monitor and installed it. 

Is it safe to download recent updated Realtek sound drivers and AMD ATI Radeon graphics drivers from the respective web sites?

It's just a really irritating noise that shouldn't be there.. Any thoughts?

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

March 11th, 2011 19:00

SunScapes,

You need to remove the drivers that Windows Update pushed and reload the Dell drivers. I never allow Windows Update to load drivers. If you cannot figure out which driver it pushed, just reinstall our drivers over what is loaded now.

No Events found!