guntherfurlong
1 Copper

Re: Black Flicker screen and LED monitor S2440L

I completely switched to the VGA cable. Don't bother using the HDMI. 

Thus far, I have not faced the same problem.

But at times, there are some horizontal while lines, about 2 to 3 of them that appear off and on. But otherwise, no more flickering.

Are you using the monitor for your PC? If so, what are the components? 

0 Kudos
WillWoods
1 Copper

I use this monitor for both my PC and Xbox.

The PC connects via VGA and the Xbox via HDMI. I'd like to have them connected in this way so that I don't have to unplug my PC and in order to plug in and play my Xbox (or vice versa). So if this problem is caused by a malfunction of the monitor's HDMI port, I'd like to replace the monitor under warranty so that I can use both functioning ports, rather than only the VGA port.

So I'm here seeking clarity on the cause of the problem. Based on your and my experience, it appears that indeed the monitor's HDMI hardware is to blame for the problem. Do you agree?

My PC (laptop):

MS Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit SP1

Intel CPU U4100 @ 1.3GHz

3.0 GB RAM

Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family

(no graphics card)

0 Kudos

I am seeing these issues with HDMI cables that are not fully seating into the monitor and PC HDMI ports. They are not going deep enough into the ports.

0 Kudos
WillWoods
1 Copper

Chris, can you suggest a solution to this problem?

0 Kudos
Garry sidhu
1 Copper

Hi, I bought two dell S2440l led's last week and facing same problems with both of them. I tried many different cables but all in vain then someone suggested me to use " Nitho Gaming HDMI Cable 1.4b " and all those on off problems are now gone. Led's are working just fine now.

Highlighted
supertuberful
1 Copper

Hi

I am having the same problem as you using my 2440L. The screen flickers and sometimes it black out for few seconds. I believe this problem for this monitor is not an isolated case because lots of people have complained about the same problem.

I noticed before I installed Dell driver and Dell Monitor management program, this problem does not exist. Granted, I only use it 1 hour after setting it up so theres no way to make sure about this. Anyway I uninstalled both and use the default windows driver (Generic PnP Monitor) and turn off the DDC/DCI function under 'Other Settings' in the monitor setting, and now the flickering lines are mostly gone (sometimes but rarely its there still), but the black out still happen.

After some experiment, it turns out it is related to the house electrical system. Whenever someone flip certain switch in my house (On or Off), the monitor will black out without fail. Im sure this model in particular have some bad earthing or something since I have never experience such problem in any other device or previous Dell monitor that I own. Try it yourself and make people flip switch in your house.

I am waiting for answer from Dell too since this is the 2md time my monitor is replaced (S2320L. totally busted and cannot be turned on) and Dell replace with 2440L as the third replacement. Anyhow Im afraid it will break the monitor sooner or later and I am incline to return it....

kys13
1 Copper

RE: Black Flicker screen and LED monitor S2440L

My S2740L does the same thing. It would flicker a black screen on and off for a few seconds, mostly while watching video clips (sometimes flickering constantly when watching some clips). I've also caught it flickering on one or two occasions while surfing the net. Only had the monitor for a few days. Currently it is connected to the computer through the supplied DVI cable.

0 Kudos