Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

G

July 11th, 2011 07:00

Blank screen shows intermittently black / dark red horizontal lines on my DELL Ultrasharp 2408 monitor.

I purchased refurbished 24" DELL Ultrasharp monitor (2408WFP) in December 2010. I noticed 2 weeks ago that when monitor goes to blank the black background displays dark red horizontal lines which makes display look like black screen with dark red tint. The monitor does it even when there are no video cables connected to it. I have a sound bar connected to my monitor. Additionally, I have this problem when displaying websites with black background. There is a ghosting on right side. So when I have mouse pointer over black area it shows some ghosting on right hand side.

I have not used the monitor for couple of days and the issue was gone. I joked to my wife and said that monitor has been healed. Well, the issue came back after 5 minutes and remains to this point.

It looks to me that the monitor needs a repair.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

July 11th, 2011 17:00

I wish I could help but we do not have any repair/disassembly documentation. We do not repair monitors. We simply replace them while under warranty. You can try contacting this business for help.

4 Posts

July 13th, 2011 10:00

Another reason not to buy refurbished DELL monitors. 3 month warranty is quite week and gives you hint of DELL's confidence of longevity of their refurbished monitors.

4 Posts

July 13th, 2011 10:00

So I spend $200 for monitor that lasted me 6 months? If this lasted 1.5 - 2 years I would not care. Now I am outraged.

4 Posts

March 12th, 2013 09:00

It works fine in winter now. The issue must be related to humidity.

No Events found!