Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 25th, 2009 14:00

Cannot unlock OSD E172FPb

A friend from work gave me an E172FPb because he had an issue with it that he couldnt get into the OSD to change settings. He told me if I could fix it, it was mine.

I have looked for information on how to unlock the OSD. I tried holding the menu button for 15 seconds...no luck with that. I tried holding the menu button and pressing the " - " button...no luck with that. The power button works. I just cant seem to be able to get into the OSD.

Any suggestions?

3 Posts

June 25th, 2009 15:00

One other thing......

When the monitor is connected to a computer, there is a lock/unlock icon in the middle of the screen that can block the cursor (the cursor will disappear behind the icon).

I tried changing the resolution as I read was a possible resolution to eliminate the icon but no luck.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

June 25th, 2009 18:00

Mortalis,

To unlock the controls, press and hold the Menu button for about 10-15 seconds. You can also read this.

3 Posts

June 26th, 2009 07:00

Chris,

With all do respect, if you read my initial post, I have tried the holding menu button technique. The problem is that none of the buttons are responsive with the exception of the On/Off button. The second response I made also describes the resolution change technique which also did not work.

No Events found!