Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 11th, 2016 08:00

Customer service wont transfer warranty from Amazon to me?

Hi,

ive been having loads of issues with customer support - I know a transfer can be carried out because ive read several examples of it online - ive now been being messed around for over 2 weeks - with customer service asking for loads of pictures of the box, proof or purchase etc - they rae now claiming they cant transfer after two weeks of asking me for information? ive asked them to tell me whats missing but they are refusing to answer - getting VERY frustrated here - could anyone advise? Thanks

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

March 11th, 2016 11:00

Does the monitor have a Dell service tag number? If not, then a transfer cannot happen. We will simply warranty the monitor for 3 years starting from the build date embedded in the 20 digit serial number.

5 Posts

March 11th, 2016 14:00

Hi,

ive given them several bar codes other codes aswell everything I can see - there is however a sticker over another code that I cant make out but could attempt to pull off and see - I need however to know what the service tag looks like - could you show me an example of one?

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

March 11th, 2016 21:00

Here you go.

5 Posts

March 13th, 2016 09:00

Hi Chris - all of those service tag numbers appear to beon the actual monitor so im frustrated and annoyed that the person at customer service has been getting me to check the box? anyway there is no service tag number - there is however among the tonnes of codes on the box and monitor a consignment code and address of who ordered ans when they ordered.

Also this from another source:

Contact Dell Order Support for your country. The Order Support agent will need to submit a Fusion request to the CTS Retail OPS queue to get a Dell Order number attaching you to the monitor. They will need the following information to fill out the form -

Online Retail Store:
Purchase date from Online Retail Store:
Email
Name:
Shipping Address:
Phone Number:
Monitor Model:
Monitor 20 digit PPID number (on the back of the monitor

I have a 20 code on the back of the monitor which is alpha numeric, and now I have all of the or9iginal buyer info so can this be done this way? because it appear I can?

Thanks

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

March 14th, 2016 06:00

That is old data. Without a valid service tag number on the monitor, you cannot get an order number created. We will simply give you a  3  year warranty starting from the date in the 20 digit code. If the service tag number is on the monitor, Customer Service can authorize the service tag transfer to you.

5 Posts

March 14th, 2016 09:00

Hi,

so have I got this right? - I can get a warranty set up from the 20 digit code on the back of the monitor? - there is no service tag there.

Thanks

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

March 14th, 2016 13:00

* Go back to the main Monitor Forum board
* Look to the right under Wikis - Table of Contents
* Open, "Monitor warranties and replacement instructions (updated 2/4/16)"
* Scroll down to, "Monitors without a service tag number purchased from resellers (Amazon, Best Buy, Buy.com, Cost Co, Walmart, Sams, other online store, eBay, Craigslist, etc.)"

5 Posts

March 15th, 2016 12:00

Hi Chris,

sorted via a 25 minute phone call which is much better than the 4 weeks, 15 photographs, 25 emails,  and 12 codes on boxes to Customer service via email - despite the fact it could have been done that way and he had all the information he needed....

Please pass this on to whoever organises customer service.

No Events found!