Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

T

April 1st, 2015 09:00

DDM will not work with Targus docking station

Hi there,

I just installed my two new monitors (U2413) through DVI cable on my Targus docking station, and then on a Lenovo X1 Carbon Touch running Windows 8.1. But when I want to start the Dell Display Manager, I always get an error that no supported monitor is connected. I have the latest drivers installed. I believe at least - and also DDM is on version 1554 which would even support Win10TP. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance and regards,
TiRohn

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

April 1st, 2015 12:00

"no supported monitor is connected" usually means that you did not connect the monitor USB upstream cable to a USB port directly on the computer. Even then, Windows 10 Technical Preview has not been tested. We will not test Windows 10 until Microsoft releases the full version to us. The latest DDM download only list Windows 7/8/8.1.

14 Posts

April 2nd, 2015 02:00

Hi Chris, thank you for your reply. I tried your hint with the USB cable but that didn't work as well, though I can use a few more USB ports with that now. I am not running on Windows 10 - in fact I wrote I'm running Win8.1, but the DDM software I downloaded in version 1554 mentions in the install app, that Win10TP is supported. Any other hints??

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

April 2nd, 2015 07:00

Take the dock out of it. Connect one U2413 directly to the laptop via the mDP to DP cable. Connect the U2413 USB upstream cable directly to the laptop. Re-test DDM.

14 Posts

April 2nd, 2015 08:00

Alright, that worked, but only with the mDP to DP cable, is this the only way??

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

April 2nd, 2015 09:00

Correct.

1 Message

August 16th, 2015 20:00

I am running the released Windows 10 and just bought a DELL 24-in monitor.  Display Manager does not detect my new monitor.  Removing the docking station should not be the only option.  I bought the Targus in the first place so that I could easily remove my laptop to carry with me.  DELL NEEDS TO FIX THIS BUG!  Clearly it is a bug, since the system software seems to have no trouble detecting it.

234 Posts

August 18th, 2015 05:00

Only DisplayLink DL-1x5-based USB graphics support the DDC/CI protocol required by DDM. At this time, other DisplayLink based products, like the Targus and Dell's own universal dock, lack this driver intelligence. This isn't a monitor, DDM or Windows 10 issue. Only a driver update from DisplayLink can fix this issue.

5 Posts

October 4th, 2019 09:00

It works for me with Targus, Dell, and other DisplayLink based docking stations and has since 2017.

No Events found!