R0H1T
1 Copper

DELL S2240L PWM flicker ?

Hi there,

I'd like to know if the aforementioned DELL monitor is plagued by this particular issue or not ? I came across this topic on quite a few reputed sites viz ~

Panel and Backlighting & pcmonitors.info so I'd like to know if the 22inch sibling is also flicker free cause there isn't much info out there in this regard also DELL support(chat & voice) just keep on transferring my call(s) from one department to the other ?

Lastly I'm on stuck this issue as I have migraine & really don't wanna worsen it any further so please if you(Dell officials) have any info on this do share it !

0 Kudos
3 Replies
R0H1T
1 Copper

Re: DELL S2240L PWM flicker ?

So any relevant info, btw it'd be greatly appreciated, on this topic ?

0 Kudos

R0H1T,

I have not seen any complaints but the S2240L does use PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) dimming. My advice is for you to go to a local store and test Dell monitor models before purchasing.

0 Kudos
R0H1T
1 Copper

Sorry for the late reply but most of the local stores in my city don't have the newer S series models, they'll only make'em  available if & when a customer wants to purchase them, so testing them beforehand is a bit difficult, which is also true for other major non metro cities in India like mine !

Anyways back to the point, there is very little info on the net about PWM & monitor flicker but from what I've gathered ~

TFT LCD screens(ccfl backlit I presume) don't have'em however dealing with EDGE LED one will invariably notice flicker on their monitor.

So is the aforementioned data accurate or not is what I'd like to know ? I also understand that these are two separate issues, panel type & backlight, but the fact that DELL India technical support doesn't have anything on the matter shocks me the most !

0 Kudos