Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 23rd, 2017 12:00

DELL U2414H - Problems with "Input Color Format" RGB

Hi, I just bought a DELL U2414H and i have some problem.

At the first start I noticed on my wallpaper a sort of "shimmering areas" at color changes.
This problem disappeared by moving  the "Sharpeness" parameter and has no longer been presented.

Another issue concerns the "Input Color Format" setting to RGB.
When on the video card (RADEON HD7850) i set the Pixel Format on Full RGB (RGB 4: 4: 4 Standard) the general
image quality general seems to improve but the writings all have a yellow hale when they are on a white background.

I can post an image if necessary.
Is this a panel fault?

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

September 23rd, 2017 13:00

Here is the User's Guide. First, reset it to Factory defaults, page 44. Input Color Format should be RGB. Then test every Preset Mode, page 40.

4 Posts

September 24th, 2017 03:00

It worked!

I set up the video card with Pixel Format RGB 4:4:4 Standard PC (Full RGB) and restarted my PC.

Then I did the factory reset (Reset all settings) of the Monitor and found "Input Color Format" already on RGB.

Finally I selected as Preset Modes sRGB, no yellow halo and now the image quality is really good.

For some reason, previously the Pixel Format on the video card was set to "YCbCr 4:4:4"

(maybe because my old monitor was a CRT?) and when the U2414H first turned on,

the Input Color Format was automatically changed to YCbCr.

As for the glittering areas? Do you think it was always attached to the settings?

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

September 26th, 2017 06:00

As for the glittering areas? Do you think it was always attached to the settings?

* Do you mean attached to the original YCbCr setting, possibly.

4 Posts

September 26th, 2017 13:00

Not particularly to the YCbCr setting but in general to the original setting of some other parameter.

However the "glittering areas" problem has lasted a few minutes after the first power on, it disappeared by moving the sharpness parameter.

All the issue about RGB came out later.

Anyway now it seems to be all right.

Many thanks

No Events found!