Highlighted
PrecisionX
1 Nickel

DELL U3014: Horizonal lines problem solved?

Hello,

any info on when this problem is going to be resolved? In A03?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/peripherals/f/3529/t/19502072.aspx

0 Kudos
21 Replies

Re: DELL U3014: Horizonal lines problem solved?

PrecisionX,

It will be fixed but I cannot discuss "when" it will.

0 Kudos

Hopefully, sooner than later.

I bought mine the middle of May and immediately noticed the horizontal line issues (thought maybe it had something to do with anti-glare perhaps... but still seemed odd), and have also had a horrible time getting the color calibrated so that it translates reliably elsewhere. Blues, and especially Reds are near impossible to judge. It was *slightly* better after I calibrated with my x-rite pro display, but still not right. Setting the monitor into sRGB mode seems to work best, but some Reds are still quite inaccurate. Additionally, vertical lines seem to be "out of focus" for lack of the proper terminology.

I had looked around for others having similar issues at the time, but there wasn't anything out there yet. Last week I decided to have a look again around and discovered many people experiencing the same problems (good to know that I'm not crazy). Seeing reports from a few people whom have exchanged a number of times with little to no resolve, I obviously don't want to have to go through the task of returning monitors multiple times. So, I wait (with many others).

With my luck, the exchange will happen the day after my warranty is up. :-/

---

Chris

0 Kudos
jmunjr
1 Nickel

What about the "refurbished" U3014s in Dell outlet?  Will these have those issues?  If I order one and it has problems I will just return it immediately.  Of course I don't want to do that but I'll be annoyed if Dell is just loosely checking the returns, saying the defective ones are ok and reselling as refurbished...

Thanks

0 Kudos

"What about the "refurbished" U3014s in Dell outlet?  Will these have those issues?"

* Yes. The outlet will only have what other users have returned.

0 Kudos
jmunjr
1 Nickel

Thanks.  Do you have any idea of what % of the U3014 are having issues.  I imagine even if you do know you aren't allowed to share, but I'm asking anyway.  Smiley Happy

0 Kudos

0 Kudos
Rick Cosgrove
1 Copper

Hello Chris,

I would very much like to buy a 3014 but am concerned with all the posts. What would you suggest I do? Does the 3011 have these same issues? Should I wait for the fix for the 3014?

Rick

0 Kudos
jmunjr
1 Nickel

I took a chance and bought a refurb u3014 from the outlet and it seems flawless.  Just be sure to turn off smart video enhance or you'll think something is wrong when it changes the screen color settings every time you watch youtube etc lol...

0 Kudos
LurkerLito
1 Nickel

I literally just ordered one direct from dell.com less than an hour ago, but I was an idiot and forgot to search before the purchase to see if this monitor had issues. So like Rick, I am wondering if it's been fixed and if not if I should just cancel my order?

0 Kudos