Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

P

July 1st, 2013 05:00

DELL U3014: Horizonal lines problem solved?

Hello,

any info on when this problem is going to be resolved? In A03?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/peripherals/f/3529/t/19502072.aspx

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

July 1st, 2013 09:00

PrecisionX,

It will be fixed but I cannot discuss "when" it will.

July 3rd, 2013 13:00

Hopefully, sooner than later.

I bought mine the middle of May and immediately noticed the horizontal line issues (thought maybe it had something to do with anti-glare perhaps... but still seemed odd), and have also had a horrible time getting the color calibrated so that it translates reliably elsewhere. Blues, and especially Reds are near impossible to judge. It was *slightly* better after I calibrated with my x-rite pro display, but still not right. Setting the monitor into sRGB mode seems to work best, but some Reds are still quite inaccurate. Additionally, vertical lines seem to be "out of focus" for lack of the proper terminology.

I had looked around for others having similar issues at the time, but there wasn't anything out there yet. Last week I decided to have a look again around and discovered many people experiencing the same problems (good to know that I'm not crazy). Seeing reports from a few people whom have exchanged a number of times with little to no resolve, I obviously don't want to have to go through the task of returning monitors multiple times. So, I wait (with many others).

With my luck, the exchange will happen the day after my warranty is up. :-/

---

Chris

9 Posts

July 17th, 2013 13:00

What about the "refurbished" U3014s in Dell outlet?  Will these have those issues?  If I order one and it has problems I will just return it immediately.  Of course I don't want to do that but I'll be annoyed if Dell is just loosely checking the returns, saying the defective ones are ok and reselling as refurbished...

Thanks

9 Posts

Thanks.  Do you have any idea of what % of the U3014 are having issues.  I imagine even if you do know you aren't allowed to share, but I'm asking anyway.  :)

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

"What about the "refurbished" U3014s in Dell outlet?  Will these have those issues?"

* Yes. The outlet will only have what other users have returned.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

July 18th, 2013 07:00

I have no idea.

August 3rd, 2013 09:00

Hello Chris,

I would very much like to buy a 3014 but am concerned with all the posts. What would you suggest I do? Does the 3011 have these same issues? Should I wait for the fix for the 3014?

Rick

9 Posts

August 3rd, 2013 11:00

I took a chance and bought a refurb u3014 from the outlet and it seems flawless.  Just be sure to turn off smart video enhance or you'll think something is wrong when it changes the screen color settings every time you watch youtube etc lol...

14 Posts

August 3rd, 2013 22:00

I literally just ordered one direct from dell.com less than an hour ago, but I was an idiot and forgot to search before the purchase to see if this monitor had issues. So like Rick, I am wondering if it's been fixed and if not if I should just cancel my order?

17 Posts

August 4th, 2013 08:00

LurkerLito,

I did the same thing as you.  With Dell SB blowing these out at 899.99 the weekend with coupons, know i know why....  I ended up cancelling my order.

14 Posts

August 4th, 2013 09:00

Hmm I can't cancel the order online? I tried calling but it says the department is closed, but on the website it says Mon-Sun 7am-11pm CT. After reading more about this problem I definitely don't want to deal with the return/replace hassles.

9 Posts

August 4th, 2013 15:00

Chill people, Dell will pay for return shipping if there is an issue and their return policy is excellent.  If you get a bad one you'll be fine...

14 Posts

August 4th, 2013 18:00

I have always bought my flat panel monitors from Dell because Dell has a great return policy so I am not concerned about it shipping before someone at sales gets my email I sent this morning (I'll still try to call and cancel it tomorrow morning). But in this case with these known issues I'd rather it not be charged, then shipped, then returned and then credited back. I mean I guess if I got lucky and the one shipped was perfect, I'd keep it, but I have never been that lucky with monitors my last dell monitor took 2 exchanges before I got one that didn't have stuck pixels.

August 5th, 2013 11:00

JMUNJR, I have been reading all the Dell boards on this and it is not an issue of IF you get a bad one, according to Chris they all have this same issue. He has stated that if you return one now you will get one with the same issues. He has also stated that it will be fixed in hardware version 03 but has no idea when that version will be available. I don't doubt there are customers that don't notice this issue and I may turn out to be one of them as I also ordered one when they were on sale. It should be here around the 12th so I will post what I notice. 

14 Posts

August 5th, 2013 12:00

Well I missed on canceling the order it went to "in-production" almost immediately this morning, so I'll hope I can't see the issue when the monitor arrives. I'd still like to know if they are getting the version 03 anytime soon, so I can determine if I will just return the monitor or have time to wait for the fixed version to exchange later if I can see the problem. Honestly if I see lines like I saw in that picture in the other thread, it makes the monitor unusable for me even temporarily.

No Events found!