Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

P

July 1st, 2013 05:00

DELL U3014: Horizonal lines problem solved?

Hello,

any info on when this problem is going to be resolved? In A03?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/peripherals/f/3529/t/19502072.aspx

3 Posts

August 7th, 2013 12:00

Any update on this problem ?

9 Posts

August 8th, 2013 00:00

Where is this test image available ?

9 Posts

Never mind I found it.  Sorry yours has that issue.

If my monitor has an issue I cannot see it at all.  I stared especially in the lower left area and see nothing different from the rest.  It looks great.  Mine is a refurb from the outlet.  Brightness is set to 40 and contrast set to 50.  I even cranked up brightness to 50, 60, 80 and 100 and no sign of an issue.  So the Dell guy who says they all have it that is not true.

14 Posts

I got my monitor today and at first I thought I might not have the lines issue, but it is there. About the bottom left  2 rows of 3 squares of the test 2560x1600 image have lines, the 3 squares above that and the 2 to the right next to the block of 6, the lines start to disappear and is not existent on the rest of the image. On this monitor the effect can be reduced significantly by lowering the brightness to 30. It's still there but it is significantly harder to see (I literally have to put my face like 5 inches away from the screen to see the lines).

I am on the fence about returning it. I love the size and resolution of the monitor, it is a big step up from my 2407, and it is useable with the brightness set to 30. But even for the sale price, to have a top of the line NEW monitor limited to a certain brightness to workaround a defect is kind of unacceptable.

14 Posts

August 12th, 2013 08:00

DELL-Chris M : Has the horizontal scan line issues been fixed in A03 and is it available now? I see in this thread : en.community.dell.com/.../19520121.aspx that someone got a rev A03 monitor. Since I just got my monitor I'd like to exchange it for a A03 without the scan lines. I was going to wait for a post from you that it was out, but it looks like it might be now and I just want to confirm with you before I call so maybe I can request the replacement be for a rev A03.

17 Posts

August 13th, 2013 11:00

I hope to hear about the official A03 revisions soon.

Also, I noticed a post from customer that claimed to just receive a replacement A03, but not a new unit. It has a sticker over the original A01, indicating a firmware update to the monitor. If an A01 was updated to A03, does that mean no hardware was changed? Or could that have been done too while it was at Dell and address the horizontal line issue?

Link to post from customer than mentions the A01 updated to A03

slickdeals.net/.../showpost.php

No Events found!