Highlighted
2 Bronze

Dell 2408wfp rev. A02 Power Save Mode Problem

Ok I just received this monitor yesterday and I have had it randomly go into power save mode a few times. I have noticed this monitor is plagued with this problem throughout all the revisions. I am seriously thinking refund here but i want to try to find a fix for it.  I have been using a Samsung T220 for about 6 months with not a single glitch. I have also noticed the left side being less/more bright than the right side just like many other people have complained about. After so many reports of the same problem you would think they would get it right considering how much they charge for these monitors. If anyone has any input about the power save mode problem I would appreciate it. 

Core i7

GTX275

Creative X-FI Fatality Titanium

BFG 550W Modular PSU

Windows 7 RC Build 7100

0 Kudos
24 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Dell 2408wfp rev. A02 Power Save Mode Problem

Jeremiah99,

What video card? What monitor ports have you tried? Is all Windows power management turned off?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

I am using Nvidia GTX 275. I am using DVI-D 1 and all power management is turned off in windows.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Test the other DVI-D port on the monitor.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Same thing. I might add that it does this mainly at the start of windows. It goes into power save mode before i get into windows all the way then it comes back on then immediately goes back into power save mode a few times before stops. It has also happened while i was browsing the internet.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

You did look at the label to verify it is an A02? If yes, I need the following sent to me in a Private Conversation -
Name:
Email Address:
Shipping address:
Phone number:
Monitor Order number or PC Service Tag number if purchased with a PC:
Monitor 20 digit PPID number found on the back on a label or on the slider card on the left rear:
Reason: 2408WFP A02 DVI Power Save failures

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Iron

Do you have another spare video card? It is possible that the nvidia card could be problem?

J.Measel

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Do you have another spare video card? It is possible that the nvidia card could be problem?

J.Measel

Its not the video card. I have had a Samsung Monitor hooked up to this thing for a while and never had a problem. I just got the Dell 2408 and it started happening within a few hours.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Iron

Is nvidia driver up to the date?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Is nvidia driver up to the date?

Yes

0 Kudos