Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 27th, 2012 17:00

Dell 2412M and MacBook Pro 15 with i7

I just bought a brand new Macbook Pro 15ª i7. A few days ago I have purchased this monitor (Dell 2412M). Before I received the MacBook I was using an old Sony Vaio laptop. Those days, when I connected the Vaio and the monitor with VGA I can see the full resolution in the monitor (1920x1200). Now, I connect the Macbook Pro and the monitor with a MINIDISPLAYPORT to DISPLAYPORT and I can't reach the hole resolution. Apparently 1920x1200 is selected but that's not true. Even closing the MacBook. I put the cd but there is no drivers to mac. I need a solution, please. Sorry, my english is quite bad (I'm from Spain). Thanks.

1 Message

March 29th, 2012 09:00

Why you say that the resolution showed on Mac Os X is not the real? I´m in your same scenario with no problems... (I think :P)

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

March 29th, 2012 09:00

I wish I could help but we only validate the standard Mini-DP to DP adapter on Windows PCs. We do not test the apple mini-DP to DVI adapter nor do we test Dell monitors with apple platforms. We do not have any apple product in our labs. You should check the apple Discussions Forum for help from other apple users with our products.
https://discussions.apple.com/index.jspa

March 29th, 2012 15:00

I call to Dell Support this morning. After 40 minutes (in a non-free number) I din't get a solution. The problem is really simple: Miss the driver for mac. The Dell people just says 'Sorry, we don't have Mac support'. I don't understand. Plenty of users of Macbook and this monitor are frustrated with this. Check the net. In the Mac I choose the option 1900x1200 for the monitor, but in the monitor I can't see that resolution. I see everything full size but NO 1900x1200. In my windows laptop and connected with VGA (drivers installed first) just perfect, really 1900x1200. It's so difficult get those drivers for Mac? It's not fair. I'm really dissapointed. I was going to buy the soundbar for the monitor, but I've changed my mind. Dell products anymore. Thanks.

No Events found!