Re: Dell 2709 - Flicker on/off

Once you narrow down which monitor is defective, I need the following in a private conversation -
Name:
Email Address:
Shipping address:
Phone number:
Monitor Order number or PC Service Tag number if purchased with a PC:
Monitor 20 digit PPID number found on the back on a label or on the slider card on the left rear:
Reason:

Chris,

The cable swap was unsuccessful.  Looks like we have a bad monitor.  I sent you the requested info in a private communication.
Let me know if there's anything else you need.  Thanks!

Sincerely,

Grant

0 Kudos
hardboiled
1 Copper

I'd just like to say that I'm experiencing a similar problem.

I took delivery of my 2907W in Jan 2009 and since it arrived it has intermittently "blacked out" for about 1 second, showing the DVI logo in the top left with "no signal". It does this at least twice a day, more often the longer you use it.

• Win XP Pro
  • GeForce 6600LE
  • I've tried DVI Port 1 and 2

Most importantly, the problem still occurs when viewing the Component Video input - specifically a PlayStation2, as well as a digital TV set top box (both devices use a separate component cable). Obviously it shows the Component Icon in the corner when it does this.

This leads me to believe that the monitor is the cause of the problem.

The reason why I have not tried to get this monitor replaced is because apart from this behaviour, it's actually an excellent monitor.

The blackouts are not completely unbearable since they are infrequent and quick.

And, I do not have a spare monitor to use while getting a replacement, and that's a huge issue for me.

But as the 1 year birthday approaches, the problem is still as bad as it was the day I bought it, which really takes the sheen off an otherwise great monitor.

Do I have an option to get the monitor replaced? How long will turnaround time be?

0 Kudos

You keep the original monitor until the replacement comes in. If  you only have a monitor order number, you should contact Customer Service. If your monitor was purchased tied to a Dell PC, contact Technical Support.
They will need the following -
Name:
Email Address:
Shipping address:
Phone number:
Monitor Order number or PC Service Tag number if purchased with a PC:
Monitor 20 digit PPID number found on the back on a label or on the slider card on the left rear:
Operating system:
Video card:
Video card ports tested:
Reason: S2709W Blacks out, then goes to Power Save

0 Kudos
Highlighted
tkac1jos
1 Copper

I would just like to state that this thread has helped me make sure I did not forget to test a specific component(s) during a similar issue I am having with one of our enterprise devices. And that I appreciate all the community and representative help that this forum provides.

0 Kudos
hardboiled
1 Copper

I'd just like to post the fact that my 2709W was replaced by Dell one week ago and I haven't experienced the problem with the new unit, its a flawless experience.

Huge props to Dell for shipping the new unit via overnight express.

With that kind of superlative customer service I have to recommend going with Dell for the normally risky prospect of a big screen LCD monitor.

0 Kudos