Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 7th, 2017 14:00

Dell 4K S2817Q, Stand wobbly or loose? Very hard to center or tilt.

Is this defective? The 4K @ 60Hz with the DP to minDp works, Using it on my Alienware, Dual 860s.
I have a 780TI waiting for it, I tried Star Craft, 30fps-50fps everything maxed. Fallout 4, haha, 13fps-22fps, but this is a Laptop. Out of Box, meh, way too washed out, I had to tweak the setting a bit all the time the monitor stand is tilting and going to break off with 28" wobbling up/down and forth. After I had it tweaked it was very nice, I did not want to return to my 18" laptop. If had to judge right out of box, I would have returned it if first 15 minutes. If you have lag, check your video card settings, to get 60Hz should be no issue. Dell has an outstanding Monitor Warranty/Return. So question, is this monitor stand and bracket defective or is this how its sold?
Thank you,
James

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

July 10th, 2017 07:00

I have not seen any other reports of this issue. I would power it off, disconnect all cabling from it. Lay it face down on a soft towel. Remove the stand from the monitor bracket. Disconnect the stand riser from the stand base. Then reconnect them. Do they appear "solid" or is there movement play? If yes, we cannot send out just the stand riser and base. We would have to exchange the entire monitor.

11 Posts

July 12th, 2017 08:00

HI thanks for the reply, I did just what you said and felt a "Click" the stand-bracket has two little nubs on each side of the bracket, I guess I did not push in snug enough, the monitor is sitting nice and square.

Ill write a review on the monitor today.

for just over $500 Canadian, I feel as a TN panel 4K monitor, I think its good Value.

Thanks

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

July 12th, 2017 11:00

Cool. Glad it was not a broken stand. When done, post the link to your review.

1 Message

July 6th, 2018 07:00

Thank you, I've been living with this for a long time and... doh! It just wasn't snapped all the way in.

No Events found!