milan-j
1 Copper

Dell Display Manager Auto Mode Problem

Hi,

I have a Dell S2340L with Dell Display Manager version 1.10.0.1285 installed on Win8 64bit.

I really don't like the Standard preset mode which is the default mode for the Auto mode so I have decided to use Cool mode instead, but when I switch to this mode than a preset mod for a specific applications doesn't work. I would like to have Cool mode everywhere, except in those programs which I have placed on the Auto mode list and on which I have defined some other modes. How can I achieve this? It is very annoying to have to manually switch presets from Cool to Movie or from Cool to Multimedia or from Cool to Game every time I want to do something beside reading or writing.

Thank you

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Re: Dell Display Manager Auto Mode Problem

Hi Milan-J,

Welcome to Dell Community Forum.

Please click on the link below, access Manuals & Documentation which has the Dell Display Manager's User Guide where you will find the necessary information with regard to setting up Preset Modes, etc.

There are drivers available for your Monitor released on 9th April, 2013. Try updating the same as well. Select Windows 8 64-bit as the Operating System before downloading the drivers.

http://dell.to/YIRJRK

Let me know if any further help is needed. 

Thanks and regards,
Babita S
#iworkforDell 

For easy access to drivers, manuals and product updates, please visit our Support Site .

0 Kudos
milan-j
1 Copper

I have read that manual and there is nothing in it regarding my question. There is a really big problem with a Dell Display Manager, not with a display driver, so updating that will not help.

Can you send my request to the software development team and tell them to include this ability in the next version, because the great monitor that I have is not working as it should be because of the lack of the software options. I just wish that the program won't go from cool to standard mode when I select auto mode, that's all, it's simple and yet it's very important.

0 Kudos
swamped1
2 Iron

Reverting to Standard mode is intended default behavior, but if you are technically comfortable editing the registry, you can override this by adding a "RUP" = 1 (dword) value under HKCU/Software/EnTech/DDM. After making this change and restarting DDM, temporarily switch DDM from Auto Mode to Manual Mode, select “Cool” and then switch back to “Auto Mode”. With RUP=1, whatever you last chose in Manual Mode in DDM will become the new default mode in Auto Mode.

0 Kudos
cbaoth
1 Copper

Seems to work just fine for me, thanks!

If anyone is interested or doesn't know how to work with regedit, just download this http://goo.gl/dYAjZ registry file, save it to your desktop and double click it to apply the above mentioned 'patch'.

0 Kudos