I have a Dell E151FP monitor, and it was working fine yesturday, but for some reason it is not displaying a picture, i know the tower is still working properly because the " turn on" sound, as well as other sounds, are playing as if it were working normally, i noticed the led light is varying between blinking an amber light and then a short flash of green. I believe that it is too consistant to be a short, because it has an obvious pattern. I have already tried to use the auto adjust, with no avail. I would appreciate any advice/solutions, feel free to inquire if further detail is needed.
Take the PC out of the monitor troubleshooting equation.
* Turn the monitor off
* Disconnect all monitor cords from the computer
* Disconnect the monitor power cord from the rear of the monitor
* Press and hold the monitor power button in for 5 seconds
* Reconnect the monitor power cord to the rear of the monitor
* Turn the monitor on
* The floating red/green/blue/white dialog box should appear on screen against a black background. What do you see?
After following your instructions, the background was un-changed from the previously posted issue, i notice no change what-so-ever. HOWEVER, my monitor's power button is a switch and not a button, so i could not "press and hold", i just kept it flipped "on" for 5 seconds. i dont know if that is of any signifigance though. Thank you for your help however.
Sounds defective. If under warranty, get it replaced.