miss_rumphius
1 Copper

Dell P2715Q and flickering on MacBook Air (Early 2015) in Adobe CC

Like others, I'm having a flickering issue. I've tried switching to Primary/30 Hz and then switching back to 60 Hz which does not eradicate the flicker. 

Here's what happens... when moving photographic images in Indesign, the screen will go to black and then come back from blackness after I finish positioning. It is SO ANNOYING. Will be returning this monitor unless someone else has figured out how to make this stop.

I'm using the displayport connector supplied by Dell. Do I need to upgrade to a better cable? Any help whatsoever would be GREATLY appreciated.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

RE: Dell P2715Q and flickering on MacBook Air (Early 2015) in Adobe CC

As you can see in the image below taken directly from the P2715Q page, the Apple proprietary operating system and hardware were not tested/valaidate by Dell.

All we can offer is best guess support. You should also post on the Apple Support Communities and see if they can offer some insight or troubleshooting steps. The MacBook Air (Early 2015) has the Thunderbolt 2 out port. So our mDP to DP should work. You could consider asking those users about getting a Apple Thunderbolt 2 to DP cable to test. Does the screen ever go black when using the the laptop on its desktop or just online? I mean when not using the Adobe software?

0 Kudos
miss_rumphius
1 Copper

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the guidance. So far (I've only had the monitor a few days), the flickering only occurs within the Adobe software.

Do you think unplugging the power when this occurs will help? I will look into the Thunderbolt 2 to DP cable and post in the Apple communities.

Are there any known Dell 4K monitors that are validated by Dell to work with Apple OS?

0 Kudos

Unplugging the monitor from power "resets" it. That should not be necessary. I wonder if the Adobe Forum users could help? The only Dell monitor validated with Apple is the UP2715K Ultra HD 5K monitor.

0 Kudos