Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 7th, 2017 03:00

S2240T, fracture cracks in glass

I had the exact SAME issue with my newly purchased S2240T  touchscreen monitor as Rezrover (see post below). So disappointed. I was trying to figure out the stand and the connections in the back when I realized part of the screen didn't respond to touch. On closer inspection, much to my dismay, I noticed several tiny cracks near the bottom left corner. I have not been able to locate a way to have the screen fixed. I just purchased it in June and this accident happened only 2 months later. I read the response Rezrover were given From Dell, but did not see any real resolution? I'd appreciate some assistance. Thank You!

Posted by Rezrover

My new S2240T Monitor was accidentally tipped over (by me), fell off the table onto the floor, resulting in large diagonal crack across the screen with a big star at the edge and does not work of course.  I didn't like this type of easel stand and I think it tipped over too easily.  Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

October 7th, 2017 10:00

As I stated to Rezrover, Dell would only cover this if you had purchased the additional "CompleteCare Accidental Damage Service" warranty. The standard warranty does not cover accidents, falls, customer caused damage, etc. Unfortunately, Dell does not repair monitors, sell monitor components, or have disassembly documentation. Your only option is to take it to a local TV repair center. They will need to look for a replacement panel on eBay.

No Events found!