Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 31st, 2013 03:00

Dell SE178wfp screen locked

Hello.

My Dell monitor is being locked. I read the manual; it said

" When the OSD is locked, pressing the 'Menu' button will take the user directly to the 'OSD settings' menu, with 'OSD Lock' 

preselected on entry. Select 'No'(-) to unlock and allow user access to all applicable settings".

But actually, when i press the "Menu" button, it shows nothing but a white lock and blue background on the middle of the screen. Even the "+" and "-" button, the results are the same as the "menu" button. How can I get rid of it? Please give me some advice.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

November 1st, 2013 07:00

FT10_No1,

To unlock the monitor controls and get rid of the Lock, press and hold the monitor Menu button for 15 seconds. If that does not work, turn the monitor off, disconnect the power cord from the monitor, press and hold in the monitor power button for 15 seconds. Reconnect the monitor power cord and turn the monitor on. You can also try this:
http://www.paulstravelpictures.com/Dell-LCD-Monitor-Flashing-Padlock-Icon/index.htm

2 Posts

November 3rd, 2013 09:00

I tried, but nothing happened. The screen is still being locked.

June 21st, 2014 04:00

You're so awesome!!! Holding the monitor menu button for 15 seconds unlocked the screen. Thank you so much!!! Take care! :emotion-2:

No Events found!