Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 2nd, 2012 05:00

Dell SP2208WFP Power save issues

I have a SP2208WFP which I have been using happily for the last 18 months on the VGA port, updated some of my other PC components just before Xmas and started using the DVI port instead. 

Now the screen will only display and image intermittantly an shows Digital Power save as soon as powered on most of the time.

There seem to be other post regarding this type of problem, but I have been unable to find a successful solution as yet and the screen wont work on either VGA or DVI now so it has become very annoying.

Can anyone assist

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

January 2nd, 2012 07:00

Are you using a direct DVI to DVI cable (no adapters) from the video card DVI to the monitor DVI? What specific video card? Have you updated the video card driver?

January 3rd, 2012 03:00

Chris

Thanks for getting back to me.

Originally I was using the screen connected to a Aten DVI KVM Switch.  However since encountering issues I have retested using a standard DVI cable directly to the Video card.

The video card is a ATI Radeon HD 5400 Series and the video driver has not recently been updated. I have tested screen and it appear to pass the self test the floating Red/Green/Blue/White screen is display briefly then the screen goes back to power save.  I have also tested with purely a VGA cable connected to the screen and this seem to make no difference either.

Your assistance would be appreciated.

Alastair

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

January 4th, 2012 07:00

* Switch the monitor and PC off
* Disconnect all monitor cabling from the PC (VGA, DVI, HDMI, DP, USB, etc.)
* Disconnect the monitor power cord from the rear of the monitor
* Press and hold the monitor power button in for 5 seconds
* Reconnect the monitor power cord to the rear of the monitor
* Reconnect the monitor to the video card
* Power the monitor and PC on
* Press the monitor Input Source Select button for your DVI cable. What appears?

No Events found!