Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 3rd, 2012 01:00

Dell ST2320L - lines across the screen

Hi

I recently purchased a Dell ST2320L.  I am not happy with this as when I look at the screen with my glasses on and move my head or eyes and see 'lines' across the screen. If I keep my head and eyes still then it is not a problem.  Obviously I am moving my eyes or head most of the time so this is an on-going problem and is very annoying.  I never had this problem with my previous LG monitor.

I assume the problem is something like some polarization issue?  

Is there any solution?

Thanks
Paul 

3.1K Posts

September 3rd, 2012 09:00

Hi Paul,

Let’s try the following steps:

Please run the diagnostics for the monitor,

Here are the steps,

1. Unplug the video cable(s) from the back of the computer or monitor. The monitor then goes into the self-test mode
  2. Press and hold the Button 1 and Button 4 on the front panel simultaneously for 2 seconds. A gray screen appears
  3. Carefully check with your glasses on for any lines visible on the screen
  4. Press the Button 4 on the front panel again
  5. The color of the screen changes to red
  6. Please check with your glasses on for any lines visible on the screen
  7. Repeat steps 5 and 6 to inspect the display in green, blue, black, white screens
  8. The test is complete when the white screen appears. To exit, press the Button 4 again

If there are no lines on the diagnostics screen, then reset the setting of the monitor to Factory Defaults.

1. Press button 3 on the monitor. (refer image)
  2. Choose ‘Other Settings’

3. Press the   and   buttons to move between the setting options
  4. Press the   button once to activate the highlighted option
  5. Choose ‘Factory Reset’
  6. Press the   button to go back to or exit the main menu

Kindly get back if there are any further queries.

3 Posts

September 3rd, 2012 15:00

Thanks.  Tried all that.  All colours look fine, except the grey, which looks very 'pixilated' across the whole screen.  

Have re-set to factory default after the test, but still having the same problems.

Thanks
Paul 

Hi Paul,

Let’s try the following steps:

Please run the diagnostics for the monitor,

Here are the steps,

1. Unplug the video cable(s) from the back of the computer or monitor. The monitor then goes into the self-test mode
  2. Press and hold the Button 1 and Button 4 on the front panel simultaneously for 2 seconds. A gray screen appears
  3. Carefully check with your glasses on for any lines visible on the screen
  4. Press the Button 4 on the front panel again
  5. The color of the screen changes to red
  6. Please check with your glasses on for any lines visible on the screen
  7. Repeat steps 5 and 6 to inspect the display in green, blue, black, white screens
  8. The test is complete when the white screen appears. To exit, press the Button 4 again

If there are no lines on the diagnostics screen, then reset the setting of the monitor to Factory Defaults.

2. Choose ‘Other Settings’

5. Choose ‘Factory Reset’

Kindly get back if there are any further queries.

3.1K Posts

September 4th, 2012 06:00

Hi Paul,

Thank you for your quick response. Let’s try the following steps,

Please check for bent or broken pins in the video cable connector. Use a different video cable and check if the lines are still visible.

If the above steps do not work, then try the following steps:

Adjust Phase and Pixel Clock controls:

2. Choose ‘Display Settings’

5. Choose ‘Pixel Clock’

Note: The Phase and Pixel Clock adjustments allow you to adjust your monitor to your preference. If you don't get satisfactory results,use the Phase adjustment, use the Pixel Clock (coarse) adjustment and then use Phase (fine) again.

Glad to assist.

3 Posts

September 5th, 2012 00:00

Thanks. But when I check those settings my Pixel Clock and Phase settings are not adjustable.  Do I need to change some other setting first to be able to adjust these?  I have checked the pins and cable and all fine.

Thanks

Paul

3.1K Posts

September 5th, 2012 11:00

Hi Paul,

Thank you for your response. As the menu options are grayed out, it might be a limitation of the video card. Are you using a Dell computer or a different computer? Did you check this monitor with a different computer?

I am sending you a private message. Please respond with your name, order number and serial number of the monitor so that I can assist you further.

1. Barcode serial number label 

Glad to assist.

No Events found!