Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 4th, 2011 15:00

Dell U2410 Image retention and major Dithering

Hi I have had the Dell U2410 for a while now and over the past year and a half I have always had dithering. I didn't do much about it because I spent a lot of money on the monitor and I didn't want to brick it. I also have some sort of image retention at the right sight of the screen its slight but annoying. I ran the image retention software that's built into the monitor for about 45 mins and its still there. I have never had an image on the screen long enough for anything like this to happen and I do have a screen saver if I ever do leave the monitor but W7 is set to turn it off after 5 mins of it not being used. 

I was wondering if I am covered under the warranty for some kind of replacement or someone to sort it out. Its a great monitor but the retention is very anoying along with the dithering. Any help would be great

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

September 6th, 2011 07:00

That is a defect. Contact UK Order Support and get it exchanged.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

September 4th, 2011 23:00

Post some pictures of the dithering and image retention here. Then, respond back with links to the pictures. What presets are you using? Did you test the others?

2 Posts

September 5th, 2011 18:00

imageshack.us/.../img03211.jpg

It might be hard to see since I am using an Iphone 3G camera, not the best sorry, but if you look to the right side of the screen you can see the dark line coming down the screen looking at it now I dont think its image retention I think something has happened the panel itself. The dithering I cant show since I dunno how I would but its noticeable in certain movies with dark scenes and the screen starts the flicker/dither. Im using Video mode selection and I change from Nature and Game.

1 Message

October 29th, 2011 00:00

Hi Chris, my two year old U2410 has the same problem so I will also be contacting Support. Would you advise referring them to this thread to try and better explain the problem?

Do you have any idea what is causing this, it does seem to be something of a problem after looking into it.

4 Posts

November 1st, 2011 10:00

Hey Chris, if this is a US customer please send me or Juven the dps# we would like to capture it here in Austin.

No Events found!